•|• Lesson Five •|•

"The tardy one...is you!" A hoard of dolls quickly overwhelmed them grasping onto their clothes with stubby little hands clinging onto anything they could to weigh them down to allow the scissors to attack.

"AMANE!" Was all he could hear as he was dragged down to his knees by some dolls. Hanako had yelled fearfully fighting against the enemy, barely managing to stand upright before darting o the boy in hopes of getting to him before the looming scissors that stalked him from behind.

"Hana-chan?" He questioned softly, glued in place, unable to budge. Fretful golden hues tracked the ghost as she booked it down the steps rushing to aid him as the overwhelming urge to look up washed over his will. The faint echo of the females shoes clacking along the bitter tile faded as the world took on the appearance of appearing under the sea. Blue washed over his being, dread, a bubble of panic popping inside his chest as his mind whirled with dismay.

Around him had also seemed to freeze upon itself, Yashiro stunned in place as a hoard of evil dolls overwhelmed the poor gal and Kou was left heaving in large gasps of air as he tried (and ultimately failed) to fight against the many overwhelming foes. Slowly, the teen gave into the urge lifting his gaze from his friends up towards the looming danger ready to snap his head straight of his neck.

In that moment his life flashed before his pretty gilded orbs: the time he and Tsukasa ran amongst the July festival like hooligans putting on paper Oni masks to scare away the little girls by the fountain who'd, just earlier that evening, had made him tear up by stealing his balloon, or the time he'd found a little stray tabby mewing pitifully in the mouth of an alley just a few ways from the station he'd walk to every morning on the way to school, he'd taken it with him that day dubbing the little miss 'Momo' for the orange splotch atop her head. Memories flooded his gaze glazing over his dewy eyes as a frown broke onto his fearful face, a nervous sweat beaded down his forehead trailing lines down his face and just as he went to close his eyes, a silent prayer already being formulated a shill cry brought his attention back onto the spirit he's tied to.

"Amane!" She cried desperately, "Amane just look at me! Don't look up, just-just me...okay!?"

The cool metal brushed the nape of his neck as he stared the ghost dead in the eye, her hasty mannerisms looking to fall to waste as he clamped his eyes closed anyway, embracing the new feeling of death.

He isn't angry, no. Not at anyone in particular at least. It had been bound to happen at some point anyways and at least this way he'd be with his friends. Blood trailed down the length of his neck dripping from the loose hairs of his nape dyeing them a dirty crimson. A flinch racked his body as he bent forward onto his knees, unconsciously trying to avoid his fate.

A metallic clang echoed amongst the room as an annoyed sigh grunted near his ear tickling his skin as a cool breath washed down upon him. The vague feeling of being pushed aside hadn't registered until Amane had been punted down a few steps left agape as Hanako took his position facing off against the large pair of scissors.

"Get up you idiot!" Kou bellowed through the choppy raven haired boy's trance, roughly pulling his senpai back onto his own feet snaking away the creepy crawlers that followed. "Help out would 'ya!? There's too many!"

Dumbly nodding back Yugi lunged towards a stranded club, clutching it just before a stray doll grabbed ahold of him. "Watch your head!" He hollered in warning reeling his arm back before launching the toy into the air barely missing the side of Yashiro's head as she ducked into a squat.