Chapter 36

Happy Holidays

Arlo

It was December 22nd, A few days before Christmas. I was in my study in my penthouse as Val laid in my bed fast asleep. It was about two in the morning and I was up late working on a few various designs.

they were special designs for a new line I was about to put out and I was working on it for the past few weeks of December. All while I was busy with getting my mother to her therapy sessions. That was until she told me she would be taking the metro so she could have more free time with herself and because she feels guilty for me feeling such a responsibility over her.

I also have been getting her a good lawyer for her divorce settlement because my father absolutely refuses to go through with it. He's furious that we have gotten my mother to consider it but honestly his anger brings me joy.

I enjoy seeing him so bothered.

I will do anything it takes to get my mother finally free from him. She's been even considering filing for a restraining order. It sounded like heaven in my ears the day she said that.

I'm happy she's seriously has been putting her effort into getting her disorder under control and making Angela and I happy.

I finish up my last detail, dropping my pencil as I take in my work. Stretching my tensed fingers. I smile with enthusiasm, I'm proud of the designs because they've been on my mind since late October.

Putting everything together so that they could actually be manufactured is always my favorite part of designing. I adore to see my creations come to life but this time everything is different; these mean more to me than all the other designs and having them drop on Christmas day will bring a different light into my life.

December 24th, 5:24 PM

I followed Val around like a little puppy, watching her pick out all the decorations for our Christmas party. Valentina was like any traditional Hispanic, celebrating Christmas on the 24th instead of the 25th.

But because of our friends being from various ethnicities the party was going to last till twelve till it was actually christmas night to open gifts and such.

Val chose some gold and black decor for the Airbnb home we rented out. I suggested a big comfy home because I thought it'd be a good and cozy place to announce the new designs since a lot of my models and Co-workers would be attending the party.

Val had no idea about my recent creations, it was going to be a surprise for her too.

"You made sure to invite your mother too?" She questions as she grabs golden plates for the big table we bought for the event. She makes sure to grab random little miscellaneous things she thinks would make a good fit.

I don't have an opinion on any of the decor I'm just here to support my girlfriend and pay for it all.

"Of course, I think it's about time that we have a proper holiday together with no madness." I respond, grabbing some of the items she suddenly hands me to hold. She nods her head happily in agreement,"I'm glad. Let's make sure that this Christmas is special for her."