Dodge Brawl

I groan in pain as I wake up after hearing all the girls leave the cabin. I look around trying to remember where I am. Then of course my mind reminds me from the past three days of not being able to sleep. I lifted myself up from the ground, and someone had placed a blanket over me so I tugged it off.

Since everyone left that must mean they're heading to eat so I stretch my sore limbs from laying on the ground. "Gwen, we should get going to the main lodge." I gently shake her, she turns away from me mumbling something, swatting my hands away. "Gwen, we might get in trouble." I shake her again and this time she faces me, eyes still closed. "Do I have to?" She whines and I snicker.

"Unfortunately we do." I frown, standing up straight to crack my back once again. She hums, sitting up to yawn, rubbing her eyes. "How did I get here?" She queries tiredly, as I throw on a new, clean shirt. "I carried you." I nonchalantly say. Not noticing her eyes widened. "Did you sleep at all?" She stammers after clearing her throat and I wince at the thought of the sleep I just had.

"Yup, right here on this very floor." I kick at the ground, exhausted. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She expresses guilt but I shake my head. "Don't worry about it, let's just go eat." I yawn, helping her up from the bed then throwing the blanket from the ground onto my top bunk for now.

As we make it out of the door I see Harold walking out of his cabin, seeing something black above his top lip. I blink a few times, maybe I was imagining it. As we get off the porch we make our way to the main lodge and Gwen keeps accidentally bumping into me so I link our arms so she can remain steady.

"Hey everyone it's Gwen and [Name]!" Chris sets forth to the two teams, Gwen keeps her head down and I practically lead us the whole way to our seats. Our team cheers and claps for us and I overheard Lindsay ask why they're clapping for us. I roll my eyes, sitting the tired girl down. Cracking my back just like before sitting down myself.

"I'm so tired." Gwen complains. "I can't feel my face." She face plants onto the table, I flinch to the noise. "My back is killing me, why did no one wake me up from the floor?" I irritatedly questioned my team, "We tried, you wouldn't budge, hun." Leshawna says, I sigh, "Oh."

"Hey, fish heads. Way to kick off your strongest player!" Heather stands up and Courtney throws her oatmeal, hitting Gwen in the face since Heather dodged it. I huff, taking out a napkin and grab Gwens face, roughly cleaning it while glaring over at Courtney who actually looked a little afraid of me.

"Okay, campers, listen up! Your next challenge begins in 10 minutes and be ready to bring it!" He notifies us, I finish cleaning Gwen's face and we start eating.

Now standing in a glass closed in court, I feel more tired than when I was eating breakfast. I still hold onto Gwen, we're now both holding each other up at this point. Duncan walks into the court and falls down on the bleachers pointing to his team warningly. "Wake me up and it's the last thing you do." He points at Tyler who gulps, scared of the pierced boy.

Chef whistles earning all of our attention, walking by slowly and attempting to be intimidating, which works very well. "Today's challenge is the classic game of dodgeball. The first rule of dodgeball is-"

"Don't talk about dodgeball?" Noah sarcastically questions him, Owen giggles at the stupid joke.

"As I was saying, if you get hit with the ball-" Chris carries on, throwing a ball roughly at Courtney who catches it. "Ooh- Ow!" She groans. "You're out." He finishes.

"You can't just do that!" She throws the ball back at the host who ignores her. "If you catch the ball, the thrower gets sent out and the catcher gets to bring in another team member out on the court." He explains,