If You Can't Take The Heat

Today was almost a normal morning, I got up early to use the bathroom and on my way over I heard Duncan, DJ, and Geoff cheer and high for something. Instead of seeing what it was about I decided to mind my business... for now. 

Chris stood in front of us as we lined up. 

Once he knew we were all there and paying attention he began his regular explanation of what we're doing for the challenge. "Today's challenge will test your minds, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen." He declares. 

"You'll be cooking a three-course meal and serving it to me for tasting. The winners get a reward. The losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head chef to create the theme of the meal and to oversee the cooking." He exclaims, I glance over to see DJ wearing an anxiety filled expression. 

Then next to me is Heather with a smug one herself. I think that pretend friendship got cut short with her because she hasn't talked to me since we sent Cody home. 

Even though she knows I didn't even vote for her. I could be wrong though. Who knows? 

"To cook you need ingredients. Every morning a truck brings food. Today's task starts there." A dolphin backs out of the water in a truck. 

He sits on the driver side, making a squeaking noise. I kind of felt like I was tripping on mushrooms seeing it but no one else says anything so I don't either.

I watch Geoff and DJ open the doors and I stay back with my team, my arms folded, as we go over to the truck after the Killer Bass finishes what they're doing Heather speaks up. 

"Head chef! Called it!" Nobody says anything, just a few eye rolls here and there. 

"Try not to screw up this time, okay?" I overhear her say to Beth, I shake my head. 

"Hey, [Name]!" She then sprints up to me and I boredly give her my attention. 

"Yes, Heather?' I sigh, mainly out of my nose. "

Be my co-head chef?" She smiles, which confuses me since she wouldn't even look my way earlier. "Is that even a thing?" I snort. 

"I made it a thing, just now." She states. Right because everything she wants she gets. Well I guess I have a choice here.

"I had to take the leadership role. Hello! We're on a losing streak. And really everyone else on the team is pretty useless. Not [Name] though. That's why I'm making her my co-head chef!" Heather speaks to the camera.

"Sweet, let's hit the road!" Geoff says, him and the K.B.'s walk away, going past us. We go into the truck next. Heather holds her clipboard and she has them get the things we need. She told me I wasn't needed for this, having me stand right beside her. 

"Leshawna, mangoes. Beth, pineapples, Lindsay macadamias. Trent molasses, Gwen tomatoes." It was an easy in and out thing to do. We head to the kitchen and I get the Head chef's attention. "So, what am I doing as the co-head chef?" I question, glancing around confused. 

"You make sure people are doing what they're told." She grins, my shoulders slump in disappointment knowing that means nothing but as she scrunches her face I fake a smile. "Great."

"Gwen, Lindsay, you're on the citrus macadamia upside-down-cake flambe." Heather instructs, I try to look over her shoulder if I really have nothing to do today. And to my great disappointment my name isn't even on the paper.