3. Grosse Encounters

Space.

Aliens.

The great beyond.

Alex had always knew that there is something more out there. She knows that this planet is not the only place that holds humans. So when she heard that a giant fireball had crash landed in the backyard of her school she was ecstatic.

She woke up extra early so she could go online and chat in the group she is a part of, where they talk about life beyond. Each was giving their opinions and theories about what happened and what fell from space.

Although Alex woke up early she still ended up leaving her house late which then resulted in her being late for school. She eventually arrives at school and rushes into the school gate while tying her tie around her neck.

Alex bursts into the classroom just as Mr Flately was talking.

"So sorry I'm late sir" Alex says and hurry's over to her seat and turns to Tom with an excited smile on her face.

"That's quite alright Alex. Now, this is Mr Grosse and he's got something to say about last night's incident."

"The aliens" Alex mouths to Tom and he just raises his eyebrows in return.

"Ok. I'll keep it simple. Stay away from the woods"

"I knew it. The place is riddled with aliens" Roly says.

"We're conducting a formal investigation. Meteorite crash. Eliminating everything dangerous from the site. Potential radioactivity impact crater"

"So, let's be clear there's no such thing as aliens"

"Actually, recent studies show at least 300 stars with planets orbiting the sweet spot in our galaxy alone" Mr Grosse did not like that one bit as he laughed at Zoe and leant on her desk so he was in her face.

"Oh, there are no 'sweets' or 'spots' in space, little girl" Dan not liking the way the man spoke to Zoe backed her up.

"It's where planets have the right chemistry to support extra-terrestrial life"

"What landed in the woods last night was a lump of space rock. It happens every day" Mr Grosse said getting frustrated. "So, any questions?" Roly immediately put his hand up.

"Yes?"

"Who cuts your hair?" Roly comments making everyone laugh. Mr McNabb put an end to it pretty quickly.

"Enough! Let's have a bit of respect. So, the woods are out of bounds until Mr Grosse decides otherwise. THAT is an order" McNabb said treating the students as if they were in military school.

"So, thank you, Mr Grosse and goodbye, sir" Mr Grosse and Mr McNab shake hand. As Mr Grosse walks over to the door he is followed by Mr Flatley.

"Mr Grosse, perhaps you'd like to see my goldfish."

"OK. Time we did a bit of work, Fact or fiction, how can we tell the difference?"

"Your nan tells you" Roly said confidently.

"Wrong. Your Nan's not a credible witness. I'm setting you a project on truth and illusion." Alex grabs her pen and starts to right what she had to do in her note book.

"I want you to gather the facts from what happened last night, and only the facts without going to the wood."

'Easy' Alex smiled to herself. She is an MI9 agent getting the facts will be easy. Unless it something to do with KROPS, then she would have to tweak her project a bit.

"Start here - in the library, on the internet, in local papers. Credible sources.

"So not Roly's nan" Alex said and a few people around her laughed.