5.3. Mission: Incredible

When Alex woke up, she was back in St Hearts lying on the corridor floor.

"Where are we?" Dan asked, being confused as he has only just started to come around.

"We're back in St Heart's" Zoe answered.

"Where's Frank and Stella" Alex said noticing the two-missing people.

"What's going on?" Tom asks.

"Somethings not right" Aneisha said while looking down the corridor. Aneisha was right because just as she said that Alex saw Olga walking down the corridor.

"How did she get here?" Janus asks in panic and confusion.

"She must have followed us from Boldovia" Zoe concludes as the group began to stand up. As Olga begins to walk down the corridor Dan turns to Alex and Tom.

"Tom, Alex Janus get out of here. Protect the Aardvark at all costs" Tom Alex and Janus turn away to go down the opposite side of the corridor whilst Dan, Zoe, and Aneisha fight Olga to buy them some time.

"We should make for your base" Janus suggests.

"We can't, that would lead Olga straight to it" Alex tells Janus "She would be able to plug the Aardvark straight into the network."

"It would destroy MI9" Tom finishes for Alex.

"She's too strong for us. You heard what Dan said it is the only way to protect the Aardvark" Janus pushed "Quick she is coming."

Alex and Tom just look at each other unsure of what to do. If they go down to the base then Olga will know where it is but if they continue to run Olga will eventually catch up with them and she took down Zoe, Aneisha, and Dan like it was nothing, she would destroy Tom and Alex.

With a sigh Tom rushes over to the light switch and slides it over to reveal the thumb scanner. He places his thumb on the scanner and Alex opens the door and waits till they're all in the cupboard before pulling the broom. The lift doors open to reveal the base.

Tom was holding the Aardvark in his hands when Janus took it from him.

"Janus!? what are you doing" Alex said to him.

"Yeah, what's going on" Tom adds.

"I've gone to a lot of trouble to bring this here" Janus said getting in Tom and Alex's face.

"What are you talking about?" Tom asks being confused.

"Hello, is anybody in there?" Janus said whilst knocking on Tom's forehead. Alex was quick to push his hand away.

"Don't touch him".

"I don't understand what's going on" Tom told Janus.

"Who do you think triggered the alarm at the reception, dummy?" Janus ask Tom.

"Olga, obviously" Tom said while Alex said Olga at the same time.

"That's what you were supposed to think. Frank told me you guys were smart. I wanted the mission aborted. It was all part of my plan."

"What plan?"

"I work for KORPS. And in a matter of seconds, I will have all of MI9's data to go along with all of SNARL" Janus explained as he plugged the Aardvark into the computer.

However, Alex and Tom just stood next to Janus not even trying to stop him as he tried to turn on the computer and type. There was a beeping noise coming from the Aardvark.

"It's not working" Janus said and tried typing again. Alex and Tom just smiled.

"Got everything you need?" Tom called out.

"I haven't got anything yet" Janus hit the computer and frustration only to reveal that the computer was a fake.

"it's a fake" Janus said in shock.

"He wasn't talking to you, Dummy" Alex said as she knocked on Janus forehead just like he did Tom earlier. Alex and Tom just smiled at Janus until the wall of the base opened to reveal Frank, Stella, Olga, and the team walking in.

"How were we?" Tom asks Aneisha being proud of his and Alex's little performance.

"Annoyingly good" Aneisha responded.

"Frank, what is this."

"Olga said you were going to betray us, but I didn't believe her. This whole thing was Olga's idea".

~~FLASHBACK~~

When Alex woke up, she thought she would be in Saint hearts, not still in the back of the lorry with Frank standing over her.

"what's going on? are we back yet" Zoe asks Frank. He then explained that Olga thinks that Janus is a traitor, and she has an idea to prove if he is. They were going to build a fake St Hearts and a fake base to see if Olga's allegations against Janus were true.

Whilst the builders were making every detail perfect, the team and Olga worked on a script for what was going to happen. They decided that Olga was going to 'fight' Dan, Zoe, and Aneisha while Alex and Tom would take Janus into the base. They were told that they had to act reluctant to do so. Frank told Stella, that he won't believe anything until he hears the words come out of Janus's mouth, so Stella pulled Tom and Alex aside and told them that they need to get a confession from Janus.

For the sake of Frank Alex didn't want Olga to be right but deep down she knows it. It took a good two hours of fast hard work before they were finished. Janus was moved out the lorry and on to the St Heart floor.

Frank wished the team good luck and to be careful. It was soon time for the knockout pills to wear off, so the team got into position and laid on the floor waiting for Zoe's que. She was facing Janus so she could see when he started to wake up. As soon as she did the others would soon follow.

~~END OF FLASHBACK~~

"If Olga was wrong, you wouldn't plug in the Aardvark. If she was right, then you would" Zoe explain.

"Creating a replica of St Hearts was the only way of finding out without running the risk of the Aardvark being plugged into the real MI9 network" Tom continued.

"Since you woke up, everything has been an illusion, an elaborate, you never left Boldovia" Janus just scoffed.

"Why Janus? We were friends." Frank said being hurt that his oldest friend had betrayed him.

"You are the past Frank. KORPS is the future" Janus said having a hurtful but simple explanation.

"Your only future is in an MI9 prison" Dan said whilst walking towards Janus.

"Sleepy time Janus" Aneisha said as Zoe used a gadget to make him go to sleep instantly, everyone just watched as he fell backwards and hit the floor.

"He lives up to his name's sake, two-faced God" Zoe said.

Frank walked away from the team and Alex tried to walk after him but was stopped by Stella who just shook her head. As much as Alex wanted to go after Frank she listened to Stella.

When the team joined their classmates back at the hotel, they were all talking about the day they had and were excited to explore more of Boldovia. However, they were told they were not allowed to leave the hotel due to the revolution, so they were stuck in their hotel for the rest of the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team were back home and back in school. They were walking along the corridor until they saw Frank holding something. The team walked over to Frank.

"What's that" Aneisha asked, she took the cheese stick from Frank. "Cheese, the versatile food" She read.

Frank snapped his fingers as he got an idea on what to use it for. He took the cheese from Aneisha and used it to be the handle of a plunger. He held up his new invention showing it off, and the team just laughed at his creativeness.

"Inventive" Tom told Frank. The bell then rang indicating that it was time for lessons.

Thankfully the team didn't have a mission for the rest of the week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1274