3.3. Grosse Encounters

After the team realised how dangerous the mission was getting, Frank told them to go home for the night and get some sleep and then come back into school with a fresh mind.

It was the next morning and Alex and Tom met each other at the corner of their road and continue the walk to school together. There main topic of conversation being about MYRA and how disappointed they would be if the MI High operation would have to come to an end.

Tom and Alex met Dan, Zoe and Anisha at the gate at all five of them walked to their first class together which unfortunately was with Mr McNab. Mr McNab stood at the front of the classroom and waited for everyone to be settled down in there seat before he started to give them orders.

"RIGHT! Everyone up and line up in a orderly line and go to the headmasters office." Everyone in the class looked at each other confused.

"You all disobeyed instructions and when into the wood last night." Everyone started to moan as they realise they had been caught.

Not wanting to have Mr McNab shout at them again everyone quickly made their way over to Mr Flatlys office and waited out side the door while Mr McNab was inside talking.

After a couple of minutes the door to Mr Flatlys office started to open and Alex heard the end of the conversation.

"Which ones?" Mr Flatly asked

"All of them." Mr McNab open the door fully and allowed a few students to go in. The first group of students were Dan, Zoe, Alex and 5 more other classmates. Alex was stood in between Zoe and Melissa.

"Right, well. I'm so glad you could all drop by..." Mr Flatly said.

"Drop by?!" Mr McNab mumbles to himself.

"Now, what did I ask you along for?" Mr Flatly wondered out loud.

"To give them a severe ticking off." Mr McNab grumbled angrily to Mr Flatly.

"Oh, yes. Now, look here. It's really not the done thing." Mr Flatly told the group. Although Alex had a feeling that Mr Flatly didn't quite know what was going on.

"You mean, not allowed." Mr McNab corrected

"Exactly. Not allowed. Perhaps the instruction wasn't clear.." Mr Flatly said the last bit quietly to Mr McNab.

"Oh, the instruction was clear, Mr Flatley. They were told not to go there."

"True. Very true. So, erm... did any of you go there?"

"Where?" Dan asked cheekily.

"The woods, sonny boy. The woods." Mr McNab said in return and it was obvious that he was getting annoyed by the second.

"No, sir."

"There you are. That's what I thought. Right then, toddle off. Spit spot." Mr Flatly said to everyone. Everyone started to turn away to leave until Mr McNab stopped them.

"Hey! Spit spot?"

"Exactly." Mr Flatly replied happily.

"That's your idea of a severe ticking off?"

"Rather good, I thought." Mr Flatly said feeling pleased with himself. Alex had to bite her tongue to stop herself from laughing. She just loved Mr Flatly.

"The rest of them must be out there quaking in their boots. I'll send them in." Mr McNab made his way over to the and the students followed him. As Dan and Zoe turned to leave Mr Flatly stopped them.

"Just a moment. I need a quick word with these two." Alex looked over at Dan and Zoe.

"I'll wait outside" Alex said and she stood out side with Tom as he was apart of the next group that had to go in for his 'severe ticking off'