The science experiment

------------------------
Age: 9
Warnings: mention of injury
---------------------------

You had always been a curious kid. You grew up in the compound alongside the Avengers, you had always been very interested in science so you spent a lot of time with Tony and Bruce in the lab. Today was one of those days again.

On a Saturday morning you once again found yourself in the lab with two of your favorite people, Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. Or how you called them your uncle Bruce and uncle Tony.

''Uncle Tony?'' you asked, your voice filled with curiosity. You started to get a bit bored in the lab. ''What's up kiddo?'' Tony replied not taking his eyes off the suit he was working on. ''What can I do? I'm bored'' you sighed, slumping your shoulders down.

Bruce who had been busy examining some data on his tablet, looked up and gave you a warm smile. ''Well, Y/N, science is all about experimentation. How about we try something fun today?''

Your eyes lit up with excitement. ''Really, Uncle Bruce? What kind of experiment can we do?''

Tony, now also interested in a distraction from his work, joined in, ''How about a little science magic? We can mix some harmless chemicals to create a cool display of colors.''

You bounced up and down clapping your hands. ''That sounds amazing!''

With Bruce's help and Tony's dramatic comments, you all gathered around a lab table. Tony handed you a pair of safety goggles that nearly engulfed your face, making you look adorable and ready for some action.

Bruce started explaining the experiment while Tony added his own humorous commentary, turning it into an entertaining science show. You listened intently, absorbing every word.

As the experiment progressed, you followed every instruction carefully. Pouring, measuring, and mixing, you worked with the precision of a professional scientist. Tony and Bruce watched you with a mixture of admiration and amusement.

But then, as you mixed the final two chemicals, an unexpected reaction occurred. The glasses began to bubble and smoke, and a sudden burst of colorful flames erupted from the container. Panic washed over you, and you stumbled back, the flames brushing against your arm, causing you to cry out in pain.

Bruce and Tony acted quickly, extinguishing the flames and rushing you to the medical bay. Natasha, your mother, who had been busy writing her mission reports, was alerted to the incident and arrived at the med bay just in time to see you being treated for a burn on your arm.

Natasha who was usually very composed and emotionless couldn't contain her anger. She turned to Bruce and Tony, her eyes filled with fury. "What were you thinking?!" she yelled, her voice filled with worry.

Tony tried to explain, "Natasha, it was just an experiment. We never expected—"

But Natasha interrupted him, her voice trembling with worry for you. "This is her safety we're talking about. You two should have been more careful."

As Natasha calmed down again, she turned her attention to you. You had tears in your eyes from the pain and the fear of your mother's anger. Natasha took a deep breath, softened her tone, and approached you.

Kneeling down, Natasha gently wiped away your tears and kissed your forehead. "I'm not angry with you, sweetie," she said softly. "I'm just relieved you're okay."

You nodded, your trust in your mother's love instantly soothing your fears. Natasha then turned back to Bruce and Tony, with less anger in her voice then before. ''you both should have been more careful. She's just a child and her safety should always come first.'' Natasha warned.

Bruce and Tony nodded afraid to say anything else. They had underestimated the unpredictability of the experiment, and that resulted in their favorite niece getting hurt.

With that, Natasha turned her attention back to you, who was still holding back tears, even though the pain was going away. She took you into her arms, cradling you gently against her chest. "You're my brave little scientist," she whispered, planting a soft kiss on your forehead.

You snuggled closer to your mother, feeling safe and secure in her arms. "I'm sorry, mama," you mumbled.

Natasha hugged you tighter, reassuring you, "It's not your fault, sweetheart. We all make mistakes. What's important is that you're safe."

Tony and Bruce watched the mother-daughter moment, realizing the true strength of the bond between you and Natasha. They had learned a valuable lesson about the importance of balancing scientific curiosity with responsibility.

Bruce had finished up your arm, and as you left the med bay, Natasha held your hand leading you back to her room.

That evening, you cuddled up with your mother on the bed, watching a movie together. Natasha's arm wrapped protectively around you, and she whispered words of love and comfort, reminding you how much your mama loves you.