Struggling - TW

------------------
Age: 16
Warnings: Eating disorder, puking, negative thoughts

A/N: Please don't read this if you are easily triggered by this stuff. And if you are struggling please know you can always talk to me.
-------------------

I am a sixteen year old girl, living in the shadows of heroes. My mother, Natasha Romanoff, is a legend among legends, and the Avengers are my family. But behind the façade of strength and confidence, I am battling my own demons.

My life is just so stressful nowadays, I have mountains of schoolwork to do and I just can't seem to understand any of it. And then you also have those girls at school who always tell me how I disappointed my mother must be in me. They tell me that I am stupid and fat, and the worst thing is I know that they are right.

It began subtly, a voice in the back of my mind whispering that I needed to be thinner, that I needed to control something in my life. The pressure of living in a house filled with superheroes was intense. The world expected perfection, and I wanted to deliver.

My eating disorder started as a secret, something I could handle on my own. I first started to skip eating breakfast, telling everyone that I was late for school. Then I started skipping lunch at school, I know that Peter, my bestfriend, noticed the change in my habits but he never said anything.

Right now I only eat dinner with everyone because I can't get out of that without my mom getting suspicious. But everytime after dinner I rush to the bathroom to let it all out again.

I started working out more and more and more, but nothing seemed to help. I am currently looking at myself in the mirror and I still think I look disgusting.

''Y/N, you're coming late for school'' I heard my mom yell from downstairs. ''I'm coming'' I quickly got dressed in an oversized sweater and some jeans. I went to the kitchen where I knew my mom would be. ''I'm out to school'' I tell her, getting my shoes and putting them on, '' детка I made you breakfast please eat something.'' (baby) Mom said in a pleading tone. ''Mom I'm really late'' I start walking out before my mom stops me ''Then take it to go eat it on your way'' I quickly grabbed the bag and went out.

As soon as I reached the doors of the school I threw the bag with breakfast away in the bin. And I made my way to my first period, with no rush seeing as I was already late.

''Nice of you to join us Y/N'' The teacher said with an annoyed tone, ''You're welcome'' I answered sarcastically and went to sit next to Peter. I zoned out and started doodling in my notebook, a thing that I seemed to be doing a lot lately.

At lunch I had nothing like usual, Peter sat down across from me. He was glancing at me with a worried expression, he was the only one who knew what was going on with me but I had told him I had it under control.

Natasha POV:
I have noticed a change in Y/N's behavior lately, and it is making me worried because I have no idea what is going on with her. My little girl is my miracle, I never thought I could have children after the red room gave me an hysterectomy but somehow I got pregnant with Y/N. And now she is hurting and I have no idea how to help her.

I decide to go to Wanda to express my concerns, maybe she know what to do. I find her in the kitchen baking some cookies.

''Hey Wanda, can we talk?'' I ask her, with a worried tone, ''Yes ofcourse, what's wrong'' Wanda turned her full attention to me, sensing my distress. ''I am worried about Y/N, I don't know what's wrong with her but I know there is something going on. I never see her eat anymore besides from dinner.'' I explain my worries. Wanda's eyes narrow, it looks like she is connecting dots in her mind.

''Now that you mention it.'' She starts, ''I have also seen her in the gym at the weirdest hours, working out'' ''And I noticed that every time after dinner she excuses herself to the bathroom'' I add, now also connecting the dots.

''I think you should talk to her, it seems like she is really struggling'' Wanda says, giving me a reassuring smile. And that is exactly what I am going to do, I go to my office to finish some work and wait for Y/N to come home.

Y/N POV:
School is finally over, Happy is picking us up today. So Peter and I make our way outside and see a black car parked in front of the school. Peter and I get in and Happy takes us to the compound.

I drop my bag in the corner of the kitchen and am greeted by aunt Wanda, ''Hey sweetheart, how was school? You want a cookie, I just baked them?'' She asks me in a soft voice. ''Hi, school was fine. And no thank you I'm not hungry.'' I say as I make my way to my room.

I start to work on my homework but I quickly give up, not understanding anything. I feel like such a failure. Before I know it, it is the time of the day I fear the most. Dinner time. My mom called me for dinner and I make my way downstairs.

I barely managed to eat half of my food before I excuse myself to the bathroom. I quickly go to my room and open the bathroom, I lean down over the toilet and start to put my fingers in the back of my throat. I completely empty my stomach but I still continue, I still feel disgusted.

That is when someone grabbed a hold of me and took my hand out of my mouth. ''NOOO, Stop I have to do this.'' I start to scream and cry trying to put my fingers back in my mouth. ''Shhhh дорогой'' (darling) I heared my mom whisper, ''you don't have to do that.''

After I calmed down enough my mom took me to my bedroom and sat me down on the edge of the bed.

Natasha POV:
We are having dinner, but I can't help but worry about Y/N. She is barely eating any of her food, just pushing it around her plate before she excuses herself again. ''Go Nat'' Wanda softly spoke up from beside me.

When I make it to Y/N's room I knock on her door... No answer. I knock again... again no answer, I hear some sounds inside and it sounds like someone is puking. I don't hesitate and open the door, I worriedly look around and see no one. I noticed the light in the bathroom was on so I quickly open the door to see Y/N bend over the toilet with her fingers down her throat.

I don't hesitate to grab her tightly and pull her fingers out of her mouth. She started screaming and crying so I just held her and tried to calm her down. I only now noticed how skinny she had actually become, I could feel her ribs trough her big sweater.

When she had calmed down enough I lifted her up and brought her towards the bed and sat her on the edge. It felt like I was carrying a toddler, that is how light Y/N had become. I kneeled down in front of her and gently placed my index finger under her chin lifting her head so our eyes met.

''Y/N," I began, my voice filled with a mix of love and concern, "you don't have to carry this burden alone. I'm here for you, always."

Tears welled up in her eyes, and she buried her face in my shoulder, clinging to me like her life depended on it. I held her tightly, my heart aching for the pain she had been going through in silence.

After a while, Y/N's sobs began to subside, and she looked up at me with eyes that had a kind off sadness in it. "I don't know how to stop, mom," she admitted, her voice trembling.

I wiped away her tears and cupped her cheek, my voice soft but steady. "You don't have to figure it out on your own, sweetheart. We'll get through this together. I promise."

With that promise, I knew the road to recovery would be challenging, but I was determined to guide my daughter back to a place of health and self-acceptance. She was not alone in this battle, I will help my own little miracle. Because she is everything to me, I couldn't imagine a life without my baby.