Chapter 51.

Ruveliss shook Diana who was completely lost.

Diana:
Y-Yes?

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
You were completely lost Diana.

Harren:
Are you alright your majesty?

Diana:
Uh! Yes. I am. I just remembered something... unpleasing.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
I see, Empress. We should head back to the Palace. I guess you're not feeling well.

Harren:
You turned red all of a sudden.

Aristia watched from a distance. The Crown Prince took off his coat and put it over Diana's shoulder. She was pleasantly taken back. He never cared for anyone.

' Does he like Diana?'

Adrian took off his coat and put it over Aristia's head too. She could smell his cool minty scent. It was refreshing.
Elina watched Aristia becoming flushed red at this gesture. The Crown Prince also noticed it but his attention was taken away by Diana who thanked him politely.

' Urgh! Father and Queen mother are both attracted to their children the other way. Can they be any more obvious?'

Elina:
What would you comment on this situation Sir Harren?

As if he also noticed it too, the Viscount smiled awkwardly at Elina.

Harren:
It's the best to turn a blind eye to this your majesty.

She nodded in agreement. Diana and Ruveliss were both eating ice cream now. Elina asked Sir Harren to accompany her to the next stall.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Diana, I wanted to ask you something.

Diana:
Go on.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Are you aware Emperor Ruveliss... he's-

Diana:
Yes I am aware. He has been showing a very harsh attitude to Adrian.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Pardon? What do you mean?

Diana:
They argued a few times. I've done my best to neutralise the poisen Duke Zena gave him. I'm not sure if he's even regained his sanity. The Emperor isn't making any sense.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Are you resentful of him?

Diana:
Resentful? In what sense?

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
He killed you and your mother.

Diana:
I am. But... does that matter?

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Of course it does.

Diana stared at him with his mysterious eyes before speaking out.

Diana:
We aren't sympathetic towards Aristia either, your highness.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
You aren't? Why?

Diana:
When I died, mother didn't shed a single tear for me.

Ruveliss' stare turned glassy than had a sorry expression.

Diana:
She just happened to use me to gain something. Lady Monique happened to be this kind of Lady. Of course, her personality has changed a lot now but it is what is. And she was very selfish, arrogant and cold. If I were in your place, I would've hated her to my core also. I hate selfish and arrogant people.

' I thought she would blame me solely. But infact Diana understands well enough. It's a bit embarrassing to say since technically I'm her father but Diana is more wiser and emotionally intelligent too.'

He felt very bad for her.

' You were killed by your father and used as a tool by your mother. And when you died no one shed a single tear for you.'
He looked at her who turned around on her back. She was staring at something distant absentmindedly. Emotions swelled from inside his stomach.

Regret, sadness, sympathy, care and worry.

It was something new he felt for someone.

In a way, Diana had a worse circumstance from a parental point of view. She was disowned and forgotten.

' How do you manage it?'

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Lord Harrison told me you were the Crown Princess of Castina before. Did you give up my throne to make the Monique Empire because you knew your previous father disowned you?

Diana sighed.

Diana:
Yes I did give up it because of what he said. I was very confident that I could make it a better place than any male ruler. But... I don't have the right to rule Castina no matter how strong or powerful I become.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
That's not true.

She met him eye to eye.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
You are the first in line for the Throne. You have the full right to become the successor of Castina Empire as the next Empress Regent.

Diana blinked her eyes once. She had a poker face. Ruveliss felt uneasiness prevail the longer he faced her scilence.

Diana:
Thankyou for saying that.

She curled her lips up gently. His ears turned red than his cheeks. Nobody looked at him with that soft and loving expression.

Diana:
Your assurance is enough for me.

It didn't cure the scar inflicted. But she felt relieved till an extent.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
You are my daughter, Diana. I hope you... don't forget that your father over here loves you very much.

Her mind drifted back to times she spent with her father. They were one of the best. Even if she acted recklessly and rashly and a bit crazily not minding etiquette and mannerisms befitting of a princess , he only laughed, enjoying to the fullest.

Diana:
I shall not forget Crown Prince.

Both had a connection. And the Crown Prince felt it.

' No wonder Harrison said she is my favourite. I can understand why. But... what if the Emperor also felt it?'
A pang in his heart hit.

' Is that why the King of Lisa, the King of Yit and Marquees Arcenio are so obsessed with her? Even my own alter ego...'

Diana:
Let's go back to the Palace. It's late now.

Crown Prince Ruveliss:
Yes.