3: 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚛

♪𝚂𝚊𝚢 𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝚃𝚘 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙳𝚎𝚕 𝚁𝚎𝚢♪

QUEENIES POV

After they were done singing and dancing the circulation bell rings, "Anybody hear that?" Jack yells, "No!" Everyone yells back, "So, What are we gonna do about it?" Jack says, "Soak em!" They yell, They all go into the place where they get their papes i forgot the name, I pick up my skirt and run to the gate, slightly struggling because of the heels, "Jack! Be careful!" I yell, I push back some of my hair that was in my face to try to see what was going on, but i couldn't see anything, "Queenie! Whats happening?" Ellie yelled, I looked behind me, "Where were you??" I ask, "I went down to the shop to get some cigarettes, i thought mush told you?" Ellie said, "He didn't, He and the others were busy singing about seizing the day." I grumble, "Look!" Ellie says as she pointed out in front of me, I look at the gate to see papes flying around in the air and all the boys going crazy, I hear a whistle going off, "Jack! Go its the police!" I yell, Jack looks at me then yells something, Me and Ellie back up as the Newsies ran out, I look and see that Crutchy was still in there, "Crutchy!" I yell, "Crutchy! Scram! Scram!" Racetrack yells, Racetrack then grabs my arm, "Come on!" he then starts to drag me away from the entire scene just leaving Ellie, she'll understand, We stop when we're far enough, "God, I hope Crutchy is okay." I mutter, "Yeah, me too." Racetrack replies, I tuck hair behind my ear because it was bothering me, "Do you want me to walk you home again?" Racetrack asks, "Sure" I smile, We started to walk, I just stared at what was in front of me when i felt eyes piercing the side of my head, i look at Racetrack who quickly looked away, I look away and cover my mouth, "Was he looking at me?" I thought, "We're here" Racetrack spoke, I look at him and smile, "Thanks for walking me back... Again" I say, "No problem, See you tomorrow Queenie." Racetrack says, He then turned around and started to walk away, "Wait." I say, Racetrack looks at me, "Evelyn." I mutter, "What?" Racetrack says, "Evelyn, my names Evelyn, everyone only calls me queenie because im from queens but, my real names Evelyn." I explain, "Your one of the only people who knows, so dont say anything about it to anyone Race." Racetrack looks at me suprised, "Race?" Racetrack says, "Goodbye now." I spoke before I quickly walk inside.

RACETRACK POV

I begin to walk away before a voice stopped me, "Wait." I hear Queenie say, I look behind me and look at Queenie, she looks a bit nervous, was it about me staring at her earlier? I hear her mutter something but i couldn't make it out, "What?" I ask, "Evelyn, my names Evelyn, everyone only calls me queenie because im from queens but, my real names Evelyn." Queenie explains, "Your one of the only people who knows, so dont say anything about it to anyone Race." My eyes widen at the sudden nickname, "Race?" I ask, "Goodbye now." Queenie quickly says before she walks inside, I just stand there suprised, I begin to walk away just thinking about how she called me 'Race', We haven't even known each other for that long but she already trusts me with a secret, but i have to admit, seeing her get nervous like that, was cute, wait a damn minute, what am i sayin? I wont think anything about it.

QUEENIES POV

I walked up the stairs to get greeted by an angry Ellie, "Hiya Ellie" I greet, "What in the world was that? Did you tell him your real name?" Ellie asks, "Yeah, I even gave him a nickname" I say while pushing past her, "A nickname? You've known the boy for a day and you're already getting close" Ellie says, "Yeah well, Its better if we just stayed friends, i dont know if he likes me or not." I reply, "Its obvious he likes you, if you didn't run away you could've seen his reaction!" Ellie continues, "Calm down, we'll talk about this tomorrow" I say while looking behind me to look at Ellie, "Fine, but remember, i am the eye in the sky." Ellie says as she backs up to her apartment door, I roll my eyes and walk inside of my apartment, mom was at the theater late again so she wasn't home, I take off my heels and just go to my room and fall asleep.

𝚃𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 : 783