4: 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝

♪𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗♪

QUEENIE POV

I just looked at myself in my mirror combing my hair, watching it get bigger, "I should've wetted my hair first" I groan, I get up and walk to the bathroom, I turn on the sink and started to put water in my hair, watching as it started to get less big, I only brushed one side of my head so it didnt take long for it to die down, I dried that side of my hair with a towel and walked out of the bathroom, I grab the broom from a corner and before i started to sweep i open the window leading out to the fire escape and started to sweep, I start to sing "My lovey-dovey baby" I really like the song but my mom sings it best, "You have a great voice" I hear a voice say, I gasp and put my hand to my chest as i quickly look at the open fire escape window, "Racetrack! Dont do that! You nearly killed me!" I sigh, "Sorry" Racetrack apologized as he came inside, "Is there anything that you need?" I ask, Racetrack sits on a seat by the window, "Yeah, there is" Racetrack says, "What is it?" I say as i continue sweeping, "Come here" Racetrack replies, I look at him and i set the broom down making it lean on the wall, I walk over to Racetrack and sit beside him, "Now im getting nervous" I chuckle, "Queenie, I think i like ya.." Racetrack slowly says, I look at him in shock, He likes me? The guy I've been crushing on for months, likes me? "If you dont like me back thats fine, i know its all sudden--" "I like you too." I cut him off, "Huh?" Racetrack says, confusion in his voice, "I like you too, to be honest, I've been going down to the Racetrack just in hopes to see you there." I smile, "Really?" Racetrack asks, I nod and he just smiles, "Does that mean im your girl now?" I laugh, "Yeah, You'se my goil" Racetrack says, Racetrack smiles at me, "I should get goin, all of the guys are going to the square" Racetrack says as he gets up, "Okay, I'll be there" I spoke as i looked up at him, He climbs out of my apartment and walked down the fire escape stairs, I grab a nearby pillow and scream into it, I cant believe im dating him!! I get up and go to my room and change into a brown dress, I put on a pear of black heels and walk to my front door, I open it to see Ellie, Erica, Rosemary, and Sofia standing at my door, "what the hell are you doing." I say, "You guys are finally together!" Sofia says with her squeaky voice, "yeah, we are, i have to get to the square they're having another protest" I said as i got my coat on, "Ill be down in a minute Queenie, i have to water our flowers" Ellie spoke as i walked down the stairs, "How about you stay here for today" I suggest, "Huh? Why?" Ellie asked, "I have the feeling that Jack's gonna do something crazy." I replied, "Ah, okay, bye then" i hear Ellie say as i walked down the stairs, i open the door and started to walk to the square.

I know Jack is gonna do something stupid, because, it's Jack, When i got there i saw all the boys in front of the gate, and they started to sing that song that kid sang the other day, I lean on the statue in the middle of the square as they started to dance i dont even know at this point, after they were done dancing there was a long silence, that was broken by a carriage nearly getting ran over, they were yelling at it as it rode away, they all gathered together again when kids came out, "All right, Everyone remain calm!" The kid yelled, "Lets soak em for Crutchy!" Jack yelled a second later, they all started to chase them, i moved closer to get a closer look but the gate suddenly closed, "What the hell?" I mumbled, what is going on? I hear some fighting and what not, but i hear some boys like cheering, I look up at the roofs and saw some brooklyn kids, all of them had slingshots and they were shooting marbles, I then see Spot damn Conlon himself open the gates, i move out the way because more brooklyn kids came and started to fight too, a minute later i hear cheering, Thats when i ran in, I pushed past boys to get to jack and the others, i get up to were Jack was and pushed some of the boys out the way to get to Race, He looks at me and smiled and hugged me, I smile and hugged him back, I look to the side of me and saw a guy push through the crowd with a camrea, once he pushed through he set the camera up, "Okay guys, Smile!" He says, We all stand still for the picture and i smile, then the camera went off.

𝚃𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 : 880

𝚃𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 : 880