9: 𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛

♪𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛♪

QUEENIE POV

We still cheered and chanted, it was only a few minutes later before spot came to us, "Hey, fellas they're over here, theyre over here!" Spot yelled, We all looked at eachother and ran to where he was talking about, We saw Davey and Jack followed soon after, "What'd they say huh?" Racetrack says, Jack kneels down and looks at Les, He then whispered something in his ear, he put Les on his shoulders and raised his arms up, "We beat em!!" Jack yelled, We all cheered, I hugged Racetrack and kissed him, "oooooo!" some of the boys said, I pulled away and we hugged, "Jack! Jack, its the bulls, its the bulls, let me down." Les said, Jack quickly put him down, "Jack, get down." Racetrack said, Jack began to run away but was quickly stopped by Denton, "Jack, its over." Denton said, "Let him go!" Racetrack yelled, Jack tried to run again but got stopped again, "No, no, no, You don't have to run, not anymore, not from the likes of him anyway, come on, come on." Denton said as he lead him to the carraige, we followed them and saw kids get out and lastly Crutchy come out, He said something to Snyder, and snyder climbed in and Crutchy closed the door, he then made his way to us, "Hey crutchy!" Jack greeted, "Hey jack" Crutchy replied, "You wont be seeing much of him anymore. Say goodbye warden." Denton said, We all said bye warden, "Oh Jack you should've seen it, he come storming into the refuge waving his walking stick like a sword, and hes leading his army of lawyers and cops--" Crutchy explained, "Who comes walking in?" Jack asked, "You know, your friend, him, Teddy Roosevelt." Crutchy replied while pointing to a carriage with a man tipping his hat to everyone, "The governors very greatful you brought this problem to his attention." Denton said, "The governor?" Racetrack said, "Yeah thats the Governor." I reply still surprised, "Thats Roosevelt?!" Racetrack says, "I said you might need a lift somewhere hes glad to oblige. Anywhere you want, and this time you ride inside." Denton says, "So could he drop me at the train yards?" Jack asked, "Yeah, if thats what you want." Denton replied, Jack and Denton then make their way to the carriage and we followed him, when we got there Jack shook Roosevelts hand and got in, "Go do your dreams Jack!" I yell, Jack looks at me and smiles, I kissed my hand and waved it left, like what they do at theaters, then they started to ride away, We all followed it and we were pushing on the back, Then he rode off, Then everyone walked back, I stood by Sarah who was leaning on a wall, "You okay?" I ask, "Yeah." Sarah replied, I pat her shoulder. Everyone starts to buy their papes like usual, but we hear cheering again, I look out at the crowd and see Jack, He pulls up and i run to the carraige, Everyone goes down and greets him, I hug him quickly and he wraps his arm around my back, "What happened to Santa Fe huh?" I say while i pull away, "I have things to do here, and i have family." Jack replies, I smile, everyone just cheers for him and he looks at Davey, "So hows the headline today?" he asks, "Headlines dont sell papes, Newsies sell papes." Davey replied, I cheer and clap, "Come here Davey" Jack says, Davey walks down the steps and he hands his papes to Crutchy, Jack sticks his hand out, Davey spits in his hand and they shake hands, We all just cheer, Sarah came through the crowd and they kiss, We all cheer louder, they pull away and les hugs them, They all then walk out and say bye to spot who was going back to brooklyn, Remember, Carry your Banner, and Seize the day.

YAYYY IT'S DONEEEEE (not really get ready for a sequel)

𝚃𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 : 668