Matilda

A/N: Umm...I'm alive.

Sorry...not going to give an explanation here, if you would like to know why I disappeared check my board, now would anyone like to guess the title reference?? xx

A sweet little rosier family dinner with Barty of course...I HC that Evan's family are good people and this is a no war no voldy au anyway! (Gemma is 4, Barty and Evan are 16 nearing 17, Zach is 18, Rory is 17)

Just so no one's confused, Barty and Evan have a shared apartment but they don't live there full time because of Hogwarts and they go home for most breaks, plus Crouch sr is still oblivious to the fact Barty and Evan are together, but if they have any spare time or need time away from home (they'll go to the apartment)- hope that made sense kind of based it off of a family friend and her bf who did this x

TW's: Talk of Barty's dad being a dick, talk of the passing of a loved one

Please read at your own discretion x

Hope you enjoy!

To say Barty was nervous was an understatement, he was terrified. He had been invited to have dinner with Evan's family, so he could be properly introduced to his parents and many siblings. Evan was always talking about his family and they sounded bloody brilliant, Barty couldn't help but sort of envy that. It wasn't he was jealous necessarily, just he wished he had a family like that. Evan had told him about his two older brothers Zach and Rory, then his younger sister Gemma and of course Pandora.
(I HC they're twins x) he'd already met her and they'd become great friends but she wouldn't be there tonight as she was visiting Lily's family for a few weeks in the winter break.

"Darling? You ready to go?" Evan's voice could be heard as he poked his head into Barty's childhood bedroom to find him wrapping himself up in a grey scarf. Mr Crouch was away on business and wouldn't be returning until the end of the holidays, Evan was glad, for all he cared the twat could stay away. He knew Barty felt the same. "Yeah, let's go." Barty turned and smiled at Evan but the grin didn't quite reach his eyes. "Don't be nervous, they'll love you. Promise." Evan took his boyfriend's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze and a kiss for good measure. Barty went beet red and Evan only laughed at his giving him a quick peck on his cheek.

They took the floo and within a matter of seconds they were standing in the Rosier's entrance hall. A woman with wavy, sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes emerged, with a welcoming grin on her face. "Oh darling you're here! How are you my love?" She asked tackling Evan into a tight embrace. "Hi mum, I'm okay! How are you and everyone else?" Ah, Evan caring about everyone else before himself. What's new? "Oh everyone is great, everyone was very excited about you coming over." She gave her son one last smile before turning to Barty. "Ah! You must be Barty it's lovely to meet you." She pulled him into a hug and he let out a squeak of surprise. Which Evan quietly snickered at. All in all though he felt quite comforted by the embrace, it was warm and inviting. "Barty crouch, it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Rosier." She smiled warmly at Barty once more. "What a polite young man, but please do call me Lizzie, short for Elizabeth."

Lizzie whispered an "I like him." Into Evan's ear quietly but he'd still caught it and it made his heart swell with joy. "Come dears, everyone's waiting for us in the dining room." The pair followed Evan's mother down the hallway to a lavish dining room where the rest of Evan's family were seated. "Evan, my boy! Good to see you." A tall broad shouldered man stood, he assumed him to be Evan's father. With brighter blonde hair and green eyes, a crinkle around his eyes as he smiled. "Hey dad, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Barty." Mr. Rosier turned to Barty and gave him a similar smile he gave to Evan. "It's great to meet you Mr. Rosier." Barty smiled and Evan's father took Barty's outstretched hand to give it a firm shake before pulling him into a hug, patting him on the back.