❀ Chapter Four - A New Home ❀

You didn't know how long you had been running through the forest for, you just wanted to get away. But you were still hungry, you couldn't go back yet, who knows what you would do. You sat down beneath a tree and started tearing up.

'Why did I run away?.. I don't even know where I am... mama and papa are probably worried...'

You sat there for a minute, contemplating what to do. It was then that you heard a twig branch snap a few feet in front of you. You quickly turned your head to see what made the noise and saw a round-eyed deer staring right back at you.

You crawled towards it, trying not to make much noise so you wouldn't scare it away. It just stood there and looked at you. You neared it and yet it still hadn't moved, now you were just about 5 feet away...

'It isn't afraid of me...'

You reached your hand out and the deer finally moved. It slowly made it's way closer to you and sniffed your outstretched hand. You grazed the top of it's nose with your fingers and it didn't move away. You closed the distance a little more and rubbed it's head, giggling a little. You forgot all about your hunger, all you could focus on was the animal in front of you.

"(NAME)!" Someone yelled, you could tell that whoever it was wasn't very close to where you were.

The deer froze for a second before darting away and into the forest, you watched it's retreating body, your hand still outstretched in its direction. You lowered your arm and stood up, brushing the dirt of your clothes.

"(Name)! Why did you run away like that?!" You were tackled into a hug by your mother.

You hugged her back, feeling your eyes well up before you started sobbing into her shoulder. She picked you up and you felt another pair of arms wrap around the both of you, presumable your father.

"Thank you so much for helping us find her... I don't think we could've done it without you!" Your father said to someone else, someone you couldn't see.

"It's no problem sir, really." The person replied, you glanced up and saw it was a police officer, with multiple others behind him.

'There's a whole search party for me, I wasn't even gone that long... was I? At least mama and papa found me again...'  You thought sleepily, all the running had really worn you out. 'I'm sure they won't mind if I just sleep for a while...'

With that final thought, you fell asleep.

˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖

You woke up to find that you were in your room. However, instead of all of your toys and belongings being laid around the room, there were boxes. How long had you been asleep for? You pulled yourself out of your little bed and wandered out of the room, finding your parents sitting on the couch watching television. Your father turned in your direction when he heard the floorboards creak.

"Oh! (Name)! You're awake!" He got up and went over to you, "We were starting to think you weren't going to wake up, a lot of stuff has happened while you've been sleeping!"

He picked you up and brought you over to the couch where your mother was waiting.

"Alright, I know you just woke up, would you like to give it a bit before we talk or are you alright right now?" You're father asked.

"I'm okay papa." You said, smiling at him.

"As you can see, we've been doing a lot of packing. We bought the house across from the playground that we looked at, you know which one I'm talking about right?" He asked, you nodded.