❀ Chapter Ten - A Near-Death Experience ❀

So... you kind of lost track of where All Might and Izuku had jumped off to, but you assumed they had landed somewhere by now. You had slowed your running to a walk and were now strolling down the sidewalk of a kinda busy street.

You were about to pass by an alleyway in between two buildings when you heard a familiar voice.

"That was rough! Weren't you and Midoriya friends when you were kids?"

"Yeah, you were a bit harsh with him today."

'Those are Bakugo's friends, right? Damn! I really don't want to deal with them right now. Wait... Bakugo and Izuku used to be friends?.. He never told me that. I'm sure listening in for a little won't be too bad...'

You leaned on a metal pole that was nearby, trying to hear what they were saying more clearly without giving yourself away.

"It's his own fault for getting in my way." Bakugo said nonchalantly before kicking a bottle that hit the pole you were leaning on and causing the liquid inside to spill onto the floor.

You tried not to jump at the mini jumpscare and focused again on the conversation. 

"You shouldn't waste your time on that guy!" One of the friends said.

"Someone's outta teach that quirkless nerd how the world really works." Bakugo said, exploding the soda can he was holding in anger, "I hate when he talks heroes!"

His friends looked at each other and chuckled a bit.

"I got an idea Bakugo, we should go to the arcade." One of Bakugo's friends requested, "Get your mind of that loser, y'know?"

"Fine." Bakugo agreed.

"Or we could sneak into the bar at the station!" The other friend suggested instead, "Pick up some ladies?"

"Now that's a good idea!" The other friend said.

"Idiots!" Bakugo became frustrated at them, "If we get caught, there's no way I would get into UA!"

'I doubt they'll let you in anyway with your crappy personality.'

"H-hey, what's that?" One of the friends said and pointed at where the plastic bottle had spilled.

You turned and saw the sludge villain spilling out of the bottle. Once he had fully emerged he saw you.

'Just my luck! I thought All Might had taken care of him already? Did it fall out of his pocket when he was airborne, maybe? This is gonna suck!'

"Perfect! You're the little kid from earlier! Well, you weren't so little then. Is that your quirk? You can change your size?" The sludge villain said.

You started to back away from the villain, your quirk did nothing before, it would do nothing now.

'Sorry not sorry Bakugo. I think it's your turn to deal with this guy, I've already had my fair share of him.'

You were about to turn and run when you were attacked by the villain. What you had seen it do to Izuku about thirty minutes earlier, was now happening to you. The sludge was disgusting and suffocating. It was liquid so whenever you would move it, it would just fall right back where it was before.

You felt so helpless.

"Hey you! Don't fight her, fight me!" Someone said, moments later you were momentarily blinded and deafened by a loud explosion.

'Was that Bakugo? Probably, who else could create an explosion that big on short notice? Why the hell is he helping me?'

"Ow! What the hell was that?" The villain exclaimed, his grip on you lessening slightly.