❀ Chapter Thirteen - A Dangerous Exam ❀

You stood in front of a giant gate along with a large group of students. On the gate, the words 'Battle Center C' were very prominent in large, bold print. After Present Mic had finished giving the instructions for the exam, you and Izuku had gone your separate ways to the battle center you both would be tested at. You were slightly disappointed that you would be alone, but that also meant you wouldn't have to worry about keeping Izuku safe.

'He can protect himself. I need to focus on myself right now. I need to pass this exam.'

The students all around you were mumbling to each other and conversing about how large the battle center was. You just stood there, staring up at the looming gate. You stopped staring at it and instead gazed at the people around you. Many people seemed to have brought their own gear and suits, while you were just in casual athletic clothes.

'It's fine! I don't need fancy gadgets or anything! I have my fists!'  You reassured yourself.

You tried to breath to calm and focus yourself when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned and saw a boy with blonde hair that had a black streak running through it like lightning. He had a wide and flirty smile on his face and you could already tell where the conversation was going.

"Hey there." He said flirtatiously, you stared blankly back at him. "I didn't understand why someone as cute as yourself was just standing here all alone, so I figured I'd come ask."

You stared blankly back at him.

"Oh- right. Guess that bamboo thingy restricts your talking, huh? That's fine." He said. "I was wondering if you'd wanna team up with me. The robots won't be able to resist my charm and your beauty, we'll knock em dead before we even lay a finger on em!"

You started to slowly inch away from him.

'This is really weird... I think I'd rather do this alone... Thanks random guy...'

He kept blabbering about how great the two of you would be as a team so he didn't notice you were inching away until you were gone entirely. His smile fell and he sadly walked away to look for someone else to talk to. You were standing in a different area when you heard Present Mic's voice from all around you.

"Right! Let's start!" Present Mic boomed, "Get moving! There are no countdowns in real battles! Run, run, run, run listeners!"

With that, everyone including yourself took off through the gates and into the battle area. You split off from the group after making it a couple meters and started scanning the area around you for any robots. The battle center looked like a city, with tall skyscrapers and wide roads. 

'Just how big are these robots going to be?'

˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖

Your question was answered a minute or so later as you turned the corner of a relatively large building and were met with a robot that was about the same size as the building. It turned in your direction and you saw that painted on the side of it was a giant '2'.

'So it must be a two-pointer... Now, how the hell do I kill it?'

You thought for a few seconds before you ran towards the robot, gaining speed as you went. When you felt you were close enough, you jumped and kicked it right where it's eye was. The momentum you had gained while running increased the power of your kick a lot more than if you had just kicked it with your normal strength. The force of your kick caused the robot's head to dent inwards where you had hit it, then it detached from the robot completely and was sent flying backwards into the street. The head skidded on the ground a few meters before coming to a stop, the red light of it's eye flickering before going out.