Chapter Two

The entire school was now standing outside of the building as the firefighters did a sweep of the school. The lights in Stiles' English classroom were not the only ones to go out, the entire building was swept into darkness as the same time. Though, Mrs. Blake's- Stiles' English teacher – room was the only one covered in shattered glass.

"Did you do that?" Cora asked finally. The other students, their panic now gone, had moved further away from the two of them. Cliques and friend groups finding each other in the calming chaos.

"Are you related to Peter Hale?" Stiles asked, ignoring the question. So, what if he had? He remembers whispers between his parents about magic, but he is pretty sure his was bound at a young age. It was probably just a coincidence anyways. Not worth spilling secrets for something that won't happen again.

"Stiles," Cora says again, her voice slightly harder, "Did you cause the power outage?"

"No." He wasn't looking at her though, instead his eyes were on his wrist, the edges of a cursive P making its way out of his sleeve.

" Liar," she replies her hand going out to grab his wrist and turn him back towards her. "I won't tell you anything about Peter unless you can tell me that you have a grip on your magic!"

Although her voice is barely above a whisper when she says magic, Stiles still feels the hair on the back of his neck raise, and he notices that Cora stiffens briefly after. As if waiting for an attack that might come at the mention of anything supernatural.

He's not surprised that there is someone else supernatural in Beacon Hills- Mrs. Blake is a druid after all- but he's still shocked to be faced with someone in the know. Still his guard goes up harsher at her words and he puts his desire to find Peter Hale in the back of his mind to take a step back from a potential threat.

"I'm not magic," his voice was slow and firm, each word helping his feet move backwards, "Nobody is, it's not real sadly."

Before Cora could take a step forward, Mrs. Blake steps up to them her a soft smile on her face, although her eyes looked curious. Her seemingly sudden approach caused Cora to halt her steps and Stiles to make a silent escape into the crowd.

However, before he left completely out of earshot, he heard the thoughtful tone of the teacher, "Now what would the Hale Alpha have to say about that?"

Alpha...he thinks the word over in his head while he walks, his feet carrying him towards the parking lot, school being canceled for the rest of the day, Alpha.

He doesn't notice the bright blue eyes that watch him from the tree line, tracking his movements all the way to the rundown jeep that sits under a streetlamp.