Chapter 1 - The Plan

**All photos and images are not mind nor do I claim to own them. They are simply to give the reader a visual idea of characters and locations.

Cody

Okay.

I just need to convince them to go on this trip. I mean, none of them are busy this summer. Shit, if I have to, I'll even blackmail them.

I start to chuckle at the idea of blackmailing them. They're all my best friends so I know each and every one of them better then they know themselves. But I wouldn't. In fact, I would die for those bitches and bastards.

I'm holding the old crumpled paper that I found in my grandparent's basement.The story goes that my great-grandpa Frank worked at the mines years ago and drew a map on this paper, claiming it's a map to some gold nuggets he hid.

That's the story I'm telling the others to convince them to go on this trip together. My story is quite different,  but I'm not dwelling on it right now. 

"Cody! Why the fuck are we here!" I heard Chantel screaming out to me as soon as I saw them.

That girl needs to learn to shut the fuck up. I've known her since we were 10 years old and she hasn't shut up since... but I love her. I really love her. Having a crush on someone who doesn't like you the same way sucks. She comes in the name of Chantel.

As I get closer to my friends I see that all four of them are there.

" Hey Cody," Rico greets me using our usual hand gestures. We chest pump.

"Hey Rico." I greeted.

"Yo Code-man, what shit did you get into now," Christopher said, jumping out from behind Rico. The jackass jumps on me and we fall to the ground, "Really Chris, you want this now." I said as we wrestle on the ground.

"Okay you immature children." Ahh, I heard Chantel's voice. She thinks she's mature and posh ever since she got a million views on her YouTube page. She's a social media influencer. She makes videos and posts about makeup, fashion and hair. I think it's all stupid, Personally.

"Hello beautiful." I say smiling at her. Teasing Chantel is my specialty. Her dark brown skin and hazel eyes makes my knees weak. That's why I'm still her friend. As much as she gets under my skin I get to stare at her beauty in close proximity any time I want.

"Shut up Cody," Chantel yells in disgust," Why are we here? I have stuff to do, you know."

"Like picking lipstick shades at the store." Chris pipes up sarcastically, hitting me on the arm.

"Shut up Chris!" Chantel snaps at Chris. Chris blows her a kiss.

"Guys, maybe if you all stop talking Cody can talk." I look at Nicole. She's the savior in this group.

Always was. She's not Miss Perfect, but her life is planned out... but not by her doing. Her parents are moving her to a private school in the fall. They told her it's to better her chances of getting into an Ivy school. We think the move is to separate her from us. We don't fit their model plan for their daughters' life anymore. And her stuck-up asshole, controlling boyfriend is the perfect addition for their baby's planned life. Honestly it makes me sick. Especially since I know that Chris is so head over heels for Nicole. Maybe this trip is what Chris needs to man up and tell her how he feels.