Chapter 9 - Lie About the Turth

Chantel

What a fucken mess.

I open my eyes and realize, I don't have my phone because the fucken freak took it. I rubbed my face partially from frustration. Now how the hell am I supposed to post stuff on my platforms? How am I supposed to text the guy?

At least I had the chance to power off the phone, I thought. At least Cody won't hear my notifications and see who's texting me. That would probably merit my phone being crushed under Rico's jeep courtesy of Cody.

"Good morning sleepyhead." I heard Nicole say, sitting in the bed next to me. She had her paper map on her lap and a coffee mug in her hand.

"What are you drinking?" I ask, still half asleep.

"I made you a hot cup of coffee, just the way you like it." Nicole said with a big smile on her face.

"Holy shit Nicole, what time did you wake up?" I complain as I shimmy up the headboard beside Nicole.

Nicole giggles, "About two hours ago."

I look around the room, " And is the beast awake too?" I ask, referencing the ass hole who took my phone.

" He is. And I tried to convince him to give you back your phone, but he said no." Nicole said, passing me the coffee.

I slip a little of it and let the heat on my lips radiate down my spine, "I guess I'll have to convince him myself."

Nicole smiles as she leans closer to me, "unless you plan on sleeping with him, that'll  probably be the only way he'll give you back your phone."

What a perv, I thought. The audacity of Cody thinking that I would have sex with him to get my phone back. Like that was even going to be an option. Rico said to wait til we get home to crack open this fucken nut's head, I say we do it on this trip.

I'll get my phone back!!

"Hey guys. Got breakfast for everyone. We need to eat and get going." Cody says as he comes through the door with a bag in his hand.

Fuck head, I say in my head.

"Here Nicole, an everything bagel with cream cheese." Cody says passing a wrap bagel to Nicole.

"Thanks." Nicole says, grabbing it.

"A cheese, egg and bacon on whole wheat English muffins for the big guy who doesn't want to play college football." Cody announces as he passes Chris his food.

" Yeah, yeah, fuck off Cody."

Cody laughs, " Next, is the multigrain bagel with sausage, egg and cheese with hot honey sauce, cause that's the kinda HOT guy he is." Cody says as he gives the breakfast to Rico.

I swear. This asshole purposely left me last. I bite my lip trying so hard to not tear this jackasses head from his body, but God so help me when I do, I'll ...."

"And for the love of my life, I know you're lactose so I asked for a lactose cheese to go in your everything bagel, lightly toasted with butter on the button half of it." Cody passes me my wrapped breakfast with a genuine smile. You know the kinda smile that says, I know you better than you know yourself smile.

I choke on my own breath, "Thank you Cody." I say as I take my breakfast from him.

I'll kill him later.

" We've got about three hours before we hit a public park," Rico says, as he munches his food, "That's where we'll park the Jeep and hike in for a couple of days." Rico said, breaking my connection with Cody.