Chapter 11 - Home

Rico

" Te quiero, mama. Bye" My mom loves when I say I love her in Spanish, as I say good bye to her. I turn my phone off as Cody and Chris stand with me.

"You good man?" Chris asks me.

I look at them as I snap out of the guilt driven misery, "Yeah man. I'll see them soon with some nuggets in my hand." I say in a cheering tone putting out my fist, waiting for them guys to fist pump me.

"YES my MAN!" Cody says giving me a fist pump, "That's it. We'll make it up to our parents with a gold nugget each!"

I nod my head. But why do I feel like a terrible fucken son.

Okay we all called our parents, can we get moving... and figured out what we're going to eat. I'm starving!" Chris says.

"I have some protein bars." Nicole says as the girls walk to us.

"I have some to, courtesy of my dad." Chris says.

We all walk to the grassy area and sat down. Nicole passes out a bar to each of us, "let's have one each so we can have more later." Nicole says.

"Come on Nicole, I'm starving!" Chris says.

Nicole looks at the food supply that she has. I got a sneak peek of her bag; granola bars, breakfast bars, I think two bags beef jerky and the protein bars. She is our saviour. Other then Chris being told to bring protein snacks by his dad, I bet the rest of us didn't.

I didn't.

"Unless someone here can guarantee me that we'll find a gas station or restaurant today, we are only having ONE bar each right now." Nicole settles in a boss women tone.

" She's right," I add, "this map doesn't show us where there are gas stations." I said to the others as i held the paper map up.

"Then use one of the phones and go on google maps." Chantel suggests.

Cody goes in his bag and pulls out Chantel's phone and presses bottoms.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Chantel asks Cody in distain.

"Going on google maps. You're idea, you're phone." Cody says as he continues using Chantel's phone.

"You don't even know my password." Chantel says.

Cody faces Chantel's phone to Rico, "Nicole's right. There's nothing showing up on google."

"Fuck me! How did you know my password?" Chantel says in shock as she watches Cody showing the map on her phone to each of us.

Cody looks at her, "To your first comment, yes, I would love to. In relation to you second question, you suck at picking passwords. You're predictable." Cody says putting Chantel's phone back in his bag.

"And you're an obsessive jealous guy with no fucken life." Chantel screams as she gets up and starts to walk down the road.

The rest of us eye Cody. I hope these two make amends soon cause this trip will not go well for any of us.

"Ah Cody." I call out, as I get to his side, "You need to back off from Chantel a bit. We need to focus on getting our shit together and get back on track on this road trip. Got it?"

Cody opens a medicine container and pops a pill in his mouth, " Yeah, I know. It's just she pissed me off with her phone. Always on her stupid fucken phone. Post this and shout out that," Cody looks at me, " she's so busy perfecting her fake version, that the real Chantel is fading away," then i feel a hard hit on my chest from Cody slapping me, " Then she has the audacity to spit out that she's talking to some fucken guy she met at the mall, to shut me up."