𝗸𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲 𝗺𝗰𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗱 - 𝗸.𝗺𝗰𝗰𝗮𝗯𝗲

𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦: 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧
----
it was game day, chelsea vs arsenal. "kt, you ready?" me and katie had been together i signed with chelsea, we met at a bar and exchanged numbers (as all good love stories go). "ready for me to crush you today? hell yea." katie grinned as she rounded the corner of our shared apartment. it was only after we had gone on a few dates and gotten to know each other that we figured out that we both played football. katie had been so excited until i told her that i had just signed for chelsea

"you could never beat me, mccabe." the irish woman was a gunner, through and through. it was our inside joke, me with chelsea and katie with arsenal. "how dare you, i'll show you." katie advanced towards me and i giggled as she tackled me onto the bed. "katie-" she knew very well that i was ticklish and used it to her advantage. "katie, stop, we have to get you to training." i was still laughing from her hands on my sides, even after she stopped. i was dressed in my chelsea training kit, bag packed by the door.

"katie you're not even dressed!" once i stood up properly i realised that she hadn't even changed from her pyjamas. she just grinned at me, unmoving, her eyes following my movements. "you're so hot when you get mad." i smirked at katie's horniness, for lack of better term. i walked over to her and put my arms around her neck, our lips are almost touching. her arms immediately went to my waist, pulling me impossibly closer. i moved my head to the side and started peppering kisses down the side of her neck to just below her ear.

katie tilted her head to the side to give me more access. i pulled away then and whispered, "and you're hot when you do what i say." before leaving her embrace and dancing away before she could get me. the look on her face was priceless, she was shocked and turned on at the same time. "you can't do that." she tried to reason while making an attempt to trap me in her arms again. i ran off to the closet and picked out her training gear before exiting again.

"you can have me back when you get dressed." i tossed the clothes at her and laughed when katie pouted. she got dressed then, and we grabbed our kit bags then headed out to the car. i usually drop her off at training before a game then head back to where i need to go before the game. in this case, the chelsea training facility. it wasn't that far from our apartment and her teammates always met us out the front. i pulled in and there was cait, steph, vivianne and leah waiting out the front. "sorry she's late, we got caught up." i yelled out to them with a wink. they all laughed and katie went a dark shade of pink.

"pick you up after the game." we gave each other a quick peck goodbye, then i pulled out and went to chelsea.

——
i was in the chelsea changing rooms with the team, standing next to sam and guro. magda was giving us all a pep talk, or at least trying to. the girls were ready for the game but they were nervous and you could tell. arsenal had always been our biggest competitor in the super league, save for barça in the champions league. when she finished her captains speech, emma jumped in and hyped us all up, saying how good we were and that we got this. i was pumped and so ready to run out on that field.

we went to line up in the tunnel, this was always my favourite bit in games, especially against arsenal. i was alongside katie in the tunnel, just like i knew i would be. we grinned at each other and she reached out to hold my hand for a second before we walked out.

——
it was half time, and we were up 2-1 to arsenal. sam had scored the first goal, stealing it back when maanum missed a shot on goal. she had raced it up the field and somehow got past katie before slamming it in the net. i high-fived her before checking on katie. then katie had evened the score with a kick from the corner that had miraculously bounced into the back of our net. i wasn't happy about the score but i was ecstatic for my girlfriend. she streamed down the field and stood in front of the arsenal crowd, who were going ballistic.

after her team had had their moment with her and we reset play, i sent her a wink and she grinned back at me. it was chelsea's ball then and guro had gotten it close to arsenal's goal, before magda kicked it over our heads and i jumped up for a header which sent the ball into the net. 1-2 for chelsea. our fans were wild and both sam and guro had run to me and guro jumped on my back.

now we were in the second half and arsenal were desperate to even the score. emma had subbed lauren james onto the field then and play started. lj was immediately on the ball and she ran it up the field, but then came katie. she was shoulder to shoulder with lauren and swiping her feet in with lauren's to get the ball. her cleats must've scraped lauren's leg because she went down and clutched her leg, the ball rolling away slowly. i jogged over, seeing the ref talking with katie. i knew my girlfriend had set the record of 7 yellow cards in a season and i was anticipating another one. i had stood myself behind katie, close enough so i could hold her hand, but discreetly.

just as i thought, the ref held up a yellow card and wrote her name on it. katie walked away, turning into me. i walked a few steps with her, leaning in to whisper, "that's hot." before i jogged back to my position. lauren was deemed okay by the medics and she jogged over to where she had to be. play continued, but arsenal couldn't manage another goal. the final whistle was blown and the score stayed unchanged. 1-2 for chelsea.

i hugged my team, especially sam and guro, but my focus stayed on katie. i knew how much matches like this meant to her. she would be gutted but she would still find it in her to congratulate me, and that's what i loved about her. i walked over to where the arsenal team was. most of them were hugging or sitting down but i found katie just lying on the grass. i went to her and lay down next to her. she turned to me with a smile. "i'm so proud of you."

i smiled back at her. "thank you katie. although i do think your new name should be katie mccard, with all those yellow cards you're collecting." she broke out into laughter and i was happy i could still make her laugh even after a loss.