𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 - 𝗮.𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶

𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦: 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

*𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺
-----
it was absolutely sweltering in barcelona.

even at seven in the morning, the spanish sun never failed to make everything hot.

unfortunately, that still meant we had to do training. as an australian i thought i'd be able to handle the heat, but on days like today i felt like i was dying.

aitana rolled over in our shared bed, smiling at my sleepy eyes. i didn't have any sheets covering my body, it was too hot for that. i was simply starfishing, face down on the mattress.

"time to get up, amor. we have training."

i groaned and shoved my face further into the pillow i was lying on.

aitana chuckled at me and started to get up. she pulled the curtains, attempted to make the bed as best she could with me lying on it still. then she moved to the bathroom to get ready.

i was internally groaning as i rolled out of bed myself, taking a bit to actually wake up. then i too got ready, throwing my training stuff haphazardly in my training bag and heading downstairs. when aitana made her way downstairs she ruffled my hair and pressed a kiss to my temple. i was sleepily and slowly eating a bowl of muesli.

she sat next to me with the bowl i'd somehow managed to make for her as well.

we ate, and got everything we needed before i went back to our room to grab my phone and bag.

"y/n are you ready?"

aitana called out to me from wherever she was in our apartment.

"yes, i'm coming!"

i grabbed my bag and dragged myself out to the door where aitana was.

"i made you a snack. here."

she handed me a container with some food in it and a little sticky note with a heart drawn on it stuck in top.

"thank you, mi amor."

i gave her a kiss on the cheek and we walked out to the car.

when we got to the training grounds, most of the other players were already there, just finishing getting changed.

we joined in and everyone eventually made it out onto the pitch.

we had a routine whenever we were training. the team always went to the gym first then we did drills on the field.

this was when aitana and i split up for a bit, i went straight for the weights while she was on the opposite side of the area, doing sets with kiera.

once everyone had done their own exercises and sets , we had a quick water break and made our way out to the field. 

our first drill was sets of five aside. there were five teams of five, four of them were playing while one sat out, then they rotated once they'd played for fifteen minutes.

weirdly, aitana and me were on the same team. jonatan almost always split us up but maybe he was feeling nice today.

we finished that drill and moved onto the next one.

the whole team ended up completing five or six more drills before another water break. everyone gathered round the water coolers and had water bottles in their hands.

i was one of the first at the cooler, desperate to get to liquid into my system. aitana walked over slowly with lucy and grabbed her own bottle.

but within the next minute she had moved behind me, pulled my shirt and squirted water all down my back. i whipped around with a shriek, before noticing it was aitana running away.

"'tana! not cool!"

then i grabbed another bottle that still had water in it, i'd completely drained mine, and ran after her. she was quick and got a bit away from me but i did manage to get her back when she ran back to the group. i hid behind lucy while she wasn't looking and crept up on her. then squirted some water on her head and ran away again.

now it was her turn to shriek and turn around. she did catch up to me and got me with a heap of water. she had taken the lid off her bottle and just threw it at me. so i turned around and did the same.

jonatan saw us having our water fight and said he was happy with what we'd done for today and we were free to go home.

by then end of our little water fight we were both drenched from head to toe, but at least i was cooler.