Chapter 15 - Mephiles's POV

The red-orange blur almost knocked me down to the ground as it ran past us with Shadow's motorcycle keys, and headed in the direction where his motorcycle was. "Hey, get back here!" Shadow yelled, then chased after it. I followed after him. If that person stole Shadow's ride, then the hedgehog wouldn't be happy.

"Get back here, you tricky thief!" Shadow yelled, then threw a Chaos Spear. It hit the blur, causing the creature to slow down, but we weren't able to see what or who had stolen his keys before it dove into the alleyway with his motorcycle.

He quickly ran over to stand in front of his bike, blocking it off from the blur. The mysterious blur was a red-orange scorpion (around 10) with rather interesting features. Instead of her tail being at her back, it was more of a ponytail for her. She wore baggy khaki pants, a white shirt, and a green jacket. Her clothes looked rather torn and old, and she was covered in dirt and scratches.

Most importantly, she looked frightened.

"Come on, kid, hand the keys over," Shadow stated, calmly but angry. She frowned, clutched the keys in her hand, and turned away. He frowned, getting really upset. "Shadow, don't lash out on her," I said defensively. He growled. "She stole my keys, Mephiles. This brat at least deserves a little stern yelling at." "Shadow, she probably had a good reason to take the keys. You have to understand where we are right now. What else would you resort to if you lived in this area and had nothing?"

He frowned. "Obviously she needs to be taken to her parents," he said. "But first, I want my keys back." I looked back at the young female scorpion. She didn't seem as scared now, but she was shaking still. "Come on, just give me the keys. He isn't gonna hurt you, okay? He's all bark and no bite."

"I am literally right here, Mephiles."

I rolled my eyes. Couldn't he just be silent for once? This kid was obviously scared by him. The girl trembled a bit, but slowly put the keys to my hand. When her fingertips brushed my hand, I felt a surge of power flow through me. It was familiar, but I couldn't understand why it was familiar.

The girl flinched as if she felt it too, and dropped the keys into my hands. I gave her a kind smile. "Thank you." "Yes, thanks for being cooperative. Now, let's take you to your parents. Where are they?" The scorpion shook her head, looking down.

Oh.

Shadow seemed rather embarrassed, his cheeks a bit red from it. "W-Well, um...sorry I asked such a personal question, ki-" "Allastor." We both looked at her. She stood up, adjusting her jacket. "My name's Allastor," she whispered, her voice the chorus of bluebirds.

"Right then, Allastor. Sorry about such a personal question...Is there anywhere you're staying? With anyone?" Before she could answer, another female voice called "Allastor!" The scorpion gasped. "Petra," she said softly. She gave us a long, sad look, then ran away.

Both Shadow and I stood there, still taking in what had just happened. "What a sweet girl," I said once the silence had gone on too far. The striped hedgehog frowned. "Sweet? She stole my keys and you think that she's sweet? That's thieft, Mephiles."

"And that was an innocent girl who was desperate, Shadow," I snarked, hopping onto his bike. "Since we found nothing here, let's just head home. Chasing after her took too much out of me." He rolled his eyes. "Fine, but we're searching early tomorrow. The sooner we find these clues, the sooner I can get you to Iblis, and the-" "and the sooner you can get me out of your quills. I know, I know. Let's just get going."

He cleared his throat, then hopped on and drove us back to his apartment.

(A/N: Hey there, lovelies! Just here with a little notice. So, the character Allastor from Hazbin Hotel doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Vivziepop. Could I have chosen any other name? Yes? Did I though? No, because the name "Allastor" fits this scorpion character that I own than something like Ruby or...June, whatever other name you could think of!

In earlier drafts of this story, Allastor was initially going to show up in here as a teenager, so 16-18. But I have good reasons to make her 10 in this. She is a very important character in this story, and you all will eventually learn more about her.

Anyways, I love y'all, and have a good day!)