004. The many mysteries of Skylar Argent

╰┈➤ chapter four;
the many mysteries of skylar argent

💥⚡️💌

A HYSTERICAL laugh passed through Skylar's lips. There's no way Allison actually thought she would agree to her stupid idea.

"Who do you think I am, Allison?" She said. "I am not joining you and your friends at an ice-rink double date."

Allison frowned. "Please. I know you hate me or something but... Please?"

"I would rather die. No."

"No?"

"No."

Allison frowned again. "I will do anything! I'll owe you a favour."

Skylar scoffed. "I don't do favours."

Allison pursed her lips. "Skylar. Please? I'll buy you an entire chocolate cake."

Skylar bit her lip, and Allison could've sworn she saw the blonde's expression change for a split second. "I don't eat cake."

Allison watched Skylar for a few seconds. Was it pain in her eyes? Or was it just the lightning that made them look shiny? Or was there more to Skylar's interior than met the eye? "Fine then."

💥⚡️💌

Skylar's phone buzzed in her pocket and with a frustrated sigh, she took it out and answered the incoming call.

"Need anything?" She asked.

"Allison is still dating the werewolf." Came Victoria's voice and Skylar frowned.

"Really? I thought she would've ditched the furry."

"I'm going to do something that will get me to his mom. Meet me at the hospital."

Skylar raised an eyebrow, although her aunt couldn't see her. "What are you gonna do? Slice your arm open?"

Victoria chuckled. "Thankyou for the idea, Skylar."

Skylar's mouth dropped open. "Wait, Victoria, no!"

But it was too late, the line had went dead.
The blonde scoffed and stood up from the guest bed she was laying on.

💥⚡️💌

"This is so embarrassing. . ." Lied Victoria as Melissa Mccall stitched her arm. Skylar was leaning against the wall behind her, observing her nails that had unfortunately chipped.

Mellisa chuckled. "Not at all. I have seen far worse come through these doors. We keep a pair of bolt-cutters in the back. Trust me – you don't wanna know what they're for."

Victoria smiled but Skylar knew it was fake. "Let me guess. . . something about men and their egos?"

Melissa smiled. "Mmm. Boys will be boys."

"Trust me, I know. I was a teacher for years at an all-boys private school." Melissa moved toward the short haired woman and she frowned. "Oh, I don't need the anesthetic."

"Are you serious?" Asked Melissa and Victoria nodded. "Okay. . ."

"Speaking of boys, how's Scott?"

Melissa looked up. "Scott? He's, uh, like every other teenager."

Skylar smiled wickedly, sensing a moment where she could insert a chaos technique. "I'm sure he was pretty devastated after the breakup. . ." She said, a small hint of taunting in her voice.