010. Humiliation hallucination

╰┈➤ chapter ten;
humiliation hallucination

💥⚡️💌

          "IT'S NOT that deep, okay?" Said Chris, trying his best to soothe Victoria.

"It's all right. I'll clean it myself." Said the woman, checking her wound.

"It's not that bad. We don't know. We can't know – not for sure."

As much as Skylar hated to admit it, she had to break the news that the married couple were refusing to face. "It's a bite from an Alpha." She stated lamely.

Tears gathered in Chris' eyes. "She's my wife. Allison's mother."

Gerard whistled lowly. "And I'm the cold-hearted patriarch holding his family to its commitments. We all have our roles. Just don't expect me to play poisoned king to your Hamlet of a son. Not with a full moon coming."

Chris shook his head. "What about Allison? How am I supposed to get her through this? We just buried Kate. . ." The man glanced at Skylar, hoping to get some reaction out of her when he mentioned her dead mother's name. Skylar didn't let any slip of emotion pass.

"Then tell me – how long is long enough?
When exactly do you think Allison will be emotionally prepared enough to handle the death of her mother?" Chris sighed. "She can't lose her, too."

"Ah, you're getting your tenses mixed up – your wife is already dead, and that thing over there is just a cocoon waiting to hatch." Said Gerard.

💥⚡️💌

After that not-so-pleasant conversation about her Aunts soon-to-be death, Gerard had reminded Skylar that she was to attend Lydia Martins birthday party.

Skylar trudged up the stairs to Allison's bedroom with a scowl on her face. Why did she feel like she was being pushed around lately? Do this, do that, Gerard says to attend here, blah blah blah.

The blonde pushed Allison's bedroom door open and walked in without any care in the world. She paused at Allison's and Lydia's confused stares.

"Trust me, I want to be here as much as you want me here." The two girls nodded and Skylar face-planted onto the bed, next to Allison.

Allison sighed, sensing the tension in the room. "How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" She asked Lydia.

"It's my birthday!" Exclaimed the strawberry blonde. "I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then, mmm... after-hours casual?"

"I noticed that you didn't send out any invites. . ." Allison said hesitantly.

From where Skylar was contemplating her life choices, she heard Lydia sigh. "It's the biggest party of the year, Allison – everyone knows."

"I was wondering if maybe this year, things, you know. . .might be different?"

Lydia frowned. "Why would anything be different?"

Just 'cause things have been off lately. . .Things, and people. . .Like Jackson."

"What do you care about Jackson?"

Allison cringed before asking, "Do you know if he's coming tonight?"

"Everyone's coming." Stated Lydia and Skylar dragged herself up into a sitting position against the headboard.

"Looks like me too." The blonde told them. "Although is is against my will."

Lydia held up a dress to see if it would fit. "This one's American Rag. Mmm, I love it – for me, not you. This one's Material Girl. It's for you."
The sound of a door opening made the four girls look over to where Victoria stood in the doorframe.