011. Family before all

╰┈➤ chapter eleven;
family before all

💥⚡️💌

When Skylar came to her senses, she realised she was sprawled out on a tiled bathroom floor. Lydia Martin's tiled bathroom floor. She could still hear the cheers and shouts of people from the party, so she couldn't have been out for long.

Quickly scrambling to the toilet, she let the contents of her gut out. It felt like the energy had been killed out of her body. It had been hung, wrung out, stabbed, buried, and eaten. Dragging herself up, she rinsed her mouth and stepped out of the bathroom

💥⚡️💌

With pounding headache and traumatised mind, Skylar dragged herself to the Argent house. As she entered, she could immediately feel the somber feelings that surrounded it.

After she took very pain killer she could find in the medical cupboard, she trudged up to Allison's bedroom and slowly opened the door, peering inside. Allison lifted her head and the blonde gave her a little smile.

Now was the most important part. Every little action could either make Allison suspicious or make her believe.

Skylar sighed and entered the room, closing the door behind her. She sat next to Allison and looked down at her hands.

Through her tears, Allison frowned, "why are you here?" She asked and Skylar shrugged.

"Doesn't everyone need a shoulder to cry on? It may seem like I hate you, but you're family. Family before all." Skylar hoped that the last three words would spark realisation in Allison's mind when Gerard showed her Victoria's letter.

It happened fast; A sob left Allison's throat and her arms wrapped around Skylar, engulfing her into a tight hug. At first, Skylar found it really awkward but then she wrapped ger arms around Allison.

"You're right." Hiccuped Allison. "Family before all. How could I forget? I forgot you were close to mom too."

"Yeah. . . I was."

Not long after, Gerard came into the room.
"Sweetheart. . ."

Allison shook her head. "I don't wanna talk."

Gerard nodded. "I understand. I'm not sure if there's anything I can say. I won't pretend to know what you're going through."

"Then leave." Muttered Allison. "I have Skylar with me right now."

"Of course. I just wanted to give you something from your mother. Partly because I couldn't help noticing that things have been kind of difficult between you two. But, it can wait. . ."

"What? What is it?"

"No, really, sweetheart, it can wait. You get some rest." Smiled Gerard, getting ready to leave.

Allison stopped him. "What is it?"

Gerard sighed and walked forward, holding the envelope that contained Victoria's last written words. "As you know, your mother wrote a suicide note to explain away our difficult situation to the police. She wrote this not to explain it to you. If I give this to you, you have to destroy it immediately. You burn it. You promise?"