005. Like mother, like daughter

╰┈➤ chapter five;
like mother, like daughter

💥⚡️💌

SKYLAR ROLLED her eyes as she followed Gerard to Allison's car in which the brunette was sat in. The old man stood creepily next to the car and looked through the window, scaring the fuck out of Allison.

Gerard opened the door and Allison got out.
"I didn't mean to scare you. . ."

Skylar scowled and crossed her arms over her chest. "Who's we? I definitely wanted to scare her."

Allison nervously glanced at the blonde before looking back at her grandfather. "It's okay, I was just–"

"Are you expecting someone else?"

Skylar could see the lie brewing in Allison's eyes. "Yeah – I mean, no. No, definitely not."

Gerard smiled. "Good! Then we can talk for a minute." He placed his hands into his pockets and took them out, his leather-bound cookbook falling out as well. Allison reached down for it.

"Oh, thanks. Don't want to drop that. I'd be lost without it. When I was your age, I didn't even take vitamins."

Skylar huffed and tapped her fingers against her palm, as if saying 'hurry up, I'm in a hurry somewhere'.

"Now, I'm choking down a cocktail of pills three times a day. But, I do what my doctor tells me, because I trust him." Gerard sighed and Skylar had to admire the carefully constructed sob story. Well, most of it was true anyways. "Trust is a commodity our family holds very high, you know? And my daughter – well, your aunt Kate – died doing what she thought was right."

A smirk pulled at Skylar's lips. "Reste fidèle à ta vérité, la vérité restera fidèle à toi." (Stay true to your truth, the truth will stay true to you.)

Gerard cleared his throat. "Her intentions may have been a bit misguided–"

Allison scoffed lightly. "A bit?"

Skylar rolled her eyes. "Don't pretend to be so morally perfect. I'm sure that in the future if it comes down to doing what you think is right, you won't even think twice."

"I like that. Oh, you remind me of her and Skylar. They both liked to challenge me, too. In Skylar's case, I guess its more 'love'."

"Is that what you want me to do? Challenge you?"

Gerard shook his head. "I want you to trust me. You're gonna find yourself put in the position where you question the trust of people close to you – even your closest friends. And, when that happens, you have to know the trust you'd never question is family."

Skylar patted Gerard on the shoulder. "Well said, old man. Can I go to the store before it closes?"

Gerard ignored her, his steely gaze set on Allison. "Can I trust you, Allison?"

The brunette nodded. "Yeah."

Skylar tilted her head, peering at Allison. "Don't say 'yeah'. Speak with conviction! Yes, or no?" A slightly upset look crossed the blondes face and only Gerard knew she was faking it to get what she wanted – she wanted Allison to feel bad. It was all apart of their plan.

"Yes. You can trust me." Spoke Allison and Skylar and Gerard shared proud looks.

💥⚡️💌

Skylar did in fact, not go to the store. She was extremely pissed about it and her mood seemed ten times worse whilst she walked in the direction of the councillors office. She had to speak to Morrell about how the Alpha pack were doing. It had been no secret to her about what happened with them and Gerard.