1. REUNION

Avantika's POV

"AVI ab uth jaa kitna soegi? Dekh hamare ghar kaun aaya hai!"
The voice of my mother pierced through my ears.
She was yelling at me from the staircase that goes up my room.
Ugh it's 8 in the morning and I am NOT awake enough for this.

"AVI!!"
"Mumma sone do na thodi der please"
"Haan ab utha nahi jaa raha. Maine bola tha der raat tak ullu ki tarah jagne ko? Aur vaise bhi beta shaadi ka ghar hai ab jaldi uthne ki aadat daal do."
Not again with this shaadi ka ghar yaar.
"Arre mummy meri thodi na shaadi hai mujhe toh sone do."
"Hey bhagwan aa chokri. Aadhe ghante me taiyaar hoke tu niche honi chahiye varna NO KHEER FOR YOU"
(Oh god this girl)

That got me. Nice played maa.
"Uthi gai, uthi gai mummy."
Although I couldn't see her, I swear I could just feel her victorious smirk as I heard her footsteps descending.

I got up and quickly got in the bathroom to get ready. I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath as though I'm going to a war. Gotta have that shreekhand.
After about 15 minutes, I got out of the bathroom and walked inside my closet.
I picked my nice light green kurti as I heard maa say that there are guests present.

I walked out of my closet and got to the makeup table. Did my hair, put some lip tint and kajal, and looked into my dresser for jhumkas.
Wow. I had a lot of them.
But my eyes instantly fell on that one pair. I picked them up and put them on. I loved all my jhumkas, but I was biased for this one pair particularly.
Not because they reminded me of a certain someone. Nope. Definitely not. They were just really pretty and went with everything. Yeah. That's the reason.
The thought of him made my eyes go down to my payal that were gifted by him.
Speaking of, what would he be doing anyway? I haven't seen him in like, almost five years. He'd probably be busy with work and stuff-
Nope. I DO NOT have time for this.

I quickly did my hair and got up before looking at the mirror for one last outfit check.
Perfect.

I looked at the clock after I was ready to go downstairs. Ready with 3 minutes to spare. Noice. I'm coming for you shreekhand.

I gave myself a pat on the back and went downstairs.
First, I went to the kitchen to have some water and give maa my attendace.
"Right on time. Shabash baccha."
Before I could help it, a smile of pride spread across my face.

I was drinking water when I heard that voice. His voice.

No.Way.

I have to keep check on my manifesting abilities.

At first, I wasn't sure I heard it right, but then it came again, this time in the form of his intoxicating laughter. Yep. That's definitely him. I could recognise that voice anywhere.

As if to completely relinquish my doubt, maa said, "Dekh tere dost aae hai tujhse milne. Ab tum paltan milke firse hamari naak me dum kar doge. Ja abhi pagalo ki tarah diwal ko mat taad aur unse milne jaa."

With that, mumma pushed me out of her way and out of the kitchen. Now I was just behind the wall that separated me by a few inches from the eyesight of the people in the living room.

Okay. I just have to go to the living room and greet a bunch of people. But do I though? I could just pretend that I'm invisible and scoot out of the house.

Before I could dwell on that thought, maa hit her belan on my head lightly. "Hang hogai kya?"
Giving her attempt at joking an eyeroll, I took a deep breath, preparing myself.

Don't get me wrong, I am pretty excited to meet the Shekhawats. They've been my best friends since I was 5, and I haven't seen them in so long. In fact, I've been counting days since I could finally meet Aakriti and tell her all about my time in Bangalore. But as much as I hate to admit it, there's one Shekhawat I missed the most and want to meet the least.

Hey now, it's not because I have a crush on him or something. Nope. No way. Aksh would quite literally kill me if I had a thing for his best friend.
It's just....I don't know. Whatever.

You know what? I'm being over dramatic. I just have to go out there and greet him like normal people. A simple hello. How hard can it be? So what if I've not seen him for 4 years 7 months? Who cares?
With that thought and my newfound confidence, I made my way into the living room and towards the commotion.

My confidence and all my thoughts quickly dissipated into the air when my eyes fell on him.
All the commotion suddenly stopped at that time.
Or maybe it might've just been me. I have no idea. At this moment, all I can do is stand there like a statue, all I can see are his perfectly tranquil ocean blue eyes.

Gosh those eyes.

Well, shit.

________________________________

Thank you so much for reading this story everyone.

I hope you guys liked the first chapter.<3

Also, I'm really new at this and I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the writing.

Also don't forget to comment and vote and all that stuff.

Once again, thank you, goodbye.!(^o^)!