11. UNEXPECTED PT.1- CAR RIDE

Lakshya's POV

"Come on dude, I don't have time to play with you right now. She'll be here any minute."

I picked Simba up from the ground where he was relentlessly scratching my leg and pulling my pants and put him on his wall mounted bed where his favourite toy ball waited for him, drawing his attention completely off of me within the span of a second.

And just as I did that, a honk was heard from the window.

Shit. She's here.

As soon as I heard the horn, I blasted off at the speed of light from my room to go downstairs.

"Kaha bhaga jaa raha hai ruk jaa vahi!"

I slowed down at my mother's voice from across the kitchen. Even light knew its limits.

Just as I turned around, I saw maa making her way towards me with a bag that had 'Tupperware' written in bold on front.

"Ye le. Pura khatam karna hai. Roz roz lunch mein kachra khata hai aaj kuch accha kha lena."

"Come on maa. I don't have time for this." I put on my shoes and opened the front door just as another honk was heard.

"Arre aa raha hoon!"
I stepped out of the house and there she was, resting one arm on the steering wheel and the other one on the window.

She noticed me as soon as I started walking towards the car and greeted my wave with a smile that reached her eyes.

What a sight for sore eyes.

As I got closer, I heard the sound of faint music coming from the car getting louder.

'Ajaa meri gaadi mein baith jaa,
ajaa meri gaadi mein baith jaa.'

I could barely hold the laughter and the embarrassment as I got in the car and fastened the seatbelt.

"Chalein?" She asked as stopping the music and I managed to hide my grin.

Just about start the car, she jumped from her seat with a startled 'AAH' as she noticed the figure standing near her window.

"Hello baccha." My mother cooed with the sweetest smile as if she hadn't just scared the living shit out of Avi.

"Arre aunty hi." Avi smiled after she caught her breath, hand on her chest.

Maa sent a death glare at me before turning to Avi.

Hey, what did I do?

"Avi beta iss besharam ke saath mat raho tum, phool jaisi meri bacchi ko yeh kaanta pareshan karke rakh dega."

They both looked at me and turned their heads in annoyance.

You too Rana?

"Accha sun, yeh le." Maa changed her tone to completely serious and pulled up the tupperware bag from before.

Avi's face lit up like she'd seen god when she took the bag and smelled it.

"Subah jaldi uthkar bade pyaar se tum dono ke liye khana banaya tha. Ab iss besharam ne toh mere pyaar ko thukra diya, toh ye tu hi le le. Aur isse bilkul mat dena."

"Okay aunty." Avi agreed, still lost in a trance by the delicious smell of the food.

Aww man. I should've taken that damned tupperware.

"Aur saara khatam karna." Maa's firm voice seemed to drag Avi out of her trance as her body went straight.

"Yes ma'am."