13. FLASHBACK

7 years ago

"Now where do we find these stupid assignment papers?" Priyanka whined as she and Avantika were walking through the school hall in their quest to find the tools for their class assignment.

"Let's look in the storage unit."

"What the-" Suddenly, a running figure crashed into Pri almost making both of them trip and fall.

"Aakriti? What you doing out here? Shouldn't you be in your class?"

"Yeah yeah. Listen, I need your help." Aakriti cut in before getting Avi could start scolding her.

Avi and Pri looked at each other before raising their eyebrows in question.

"I'll just cut to the chase. So there's this girl in my class, she keeps bullying my friends and today, she called me a bitch! Like, can you believe her?! That little piece of-"

Aakriti looked at the girls to find them staring at her, realising she'd gone off topic.

"Soooo anyways, I was kinda hoping... could you like...help me out here? Since, you know, you're the cool seniors and she can't talk back to you."

"Hmm. I don't know Riti." Pri scrunched her nose.

"Oh come on. Pleeeease? You don't even need to threaten her. Just tell her to stop being so rude to my friends. She loves you guys. She'll definitely listen."

"Damn. Okay, we'll talk to her." Avi chuckled.

"Really?" Aakriti's eyes lit up.

"Of course. No one calls our Riti a bitch." Priyanka shrugged with a smile.

Yay! Thanks di!" With that, Aakriti hugged both of them and ran back toward her class.

"Look at that. We're the cool seniors!" Avi grinned at Pri as soon as Aakriti was out of earshot.

"I know!" They high fived before making their way toward the storage unit.

Before going in, they looked inside the unit by the glass frame on the door to check if there's someone inside. To their surprise, they found someone they certainly weren't expecting to be there.

"Is that....Kareena?"

"Making out with that new guy from biology class?"

They shared an amused look as they found out this new piece of interesting new information.

"Oh! There's the papers!" Priyanka exclaimed before knocking on the door to let the people inside know they were coming in before opening it.

They entered the room finding two very panicked and embarrassed faces.

"I guess the new guy's feeling pretty welcome here huh, Kareena?" Avi teased the couple making them turn to a couple of tomatoes while she handed a few assignment papers to Priyanka.

"Oh, shut up." Kareena nudged her, trying her best to hide her humiliation.

Avi and Pri chuckled before deciding to have a little mercy on them and started making their way out after taking some more papers and staples.

"Uhh guys, p-please don't tell anyone about us." The guy spoke seemingly for the first time in his life.

The girls laughed a bit more at the flustered tone but finally pitied him and nodded.

"Alright, lover boy." Avi smiled.

With that, they made their out of the storage and walked across the hall to their class all the while laughing at the poor couple's embarrassment.
.
.
.
A week later