2. MY PEOPLE

Lakshya's POV

Everything paused.

I swear the moment her and my eyes met, time stopped in it's track as if to allow us a moment alone, free from anything around us. And in that moment, all I knew was her and her eyes.

Gosh those eyes.

Hers were the kind of kale naina artists spent their entire lives trying to express, the kind people wrote love songs about.

I could just look at them all my-

My thoughts were interrupted by my sister's shrill shriek of excitement as she jumped on Avi in an attempt to hug her nearly causing both of them to fall on the floor.

Okay. Moment of weakness over. Get it together Lakshya, come on.

I looked to my left to see Aksh and Rudra engaged in a conversation about who should be on the Indian team in this year's T-20. To my right, a smirking Aayushyaman was side eyeing me with a knowing look.

"Kya hai?" I said with an annoyed tone.
To that, he just sighed and shook his head.

Already done with the conversation, I didn't ask him to elaborate.

"Oh my god I missed you sooo much Avi! Pata hai kitni wait kar rahi thi mai finally yaha aake tumse milne ka?" Aakriti half yelled in her excited low pitched voice.

"Haa haa jabse pata chala hai tum vapas aa gai tabse pura ghar sar pe utha rakha tha is pagal ne." Rudra chipped in.

Aakriti squinted her eyes at him and scrunched her nose.

Then ignoring him as if he was a peasant not worthy enough for her response, she diverted her attention at Avi again.

"Chal ab bata, kaisa raha Banglore?"

"Batati hu, par pehle to bohot bhuk lagi hai mujhe."

"Haa bhuk toh mujhe bhi lagi hai." Aakriti said rubbbing her stomach pouting. She was so excited to Avantika today that she didn't even eat anything.

Avi has been back from Bangalore for over a week now and since, some work kept coming up so we couldn't come to the Rana house until today. And strangely enough, I've been having insomnia every night after I heard about her coming back.
Not because I was excited to see her too.
Nope.
Definitely not.
I gotta keep my caffeine intake in check.

"Aunty nashte mai kya hai? Khushboo to badi mast aa rahi hai." My sister yelled while making her way into the kitchen with Avantika following her.

I stared at her retreating figure while wrapping my head around the thought that she was really back.

Damn.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and got engaged in whatever conversation the guys were having.
_________________________________

Avantika's POV

What the hell was that?

Whoa. I seriously needed to get myself checked.

Shaking my head, I tried to pull through the thoughts of the little moment that just transpired between me and Lakshya.

I was on my way into the kitchen following after Aakriti when I texted Priyanka

Me: Bro ab tak tapki nahi tu mere ghar zinda toh hai naa?

The moment I sent the text, the doorbell rang.
I speedwalked towards the door and what do you know, as I opened it, I saw my best friend standing there with her phone in her hand with my text open.