9. COWORKERS

Lakshya's POV

"Whoa! This place is huge." I was in the middle of a meeting, with some exceptionally annoying prospective clients might I add; when I heard the familiar melody of her voice.

Wait, what? What was she doing here? Was I hearing things again?

"-so that is why I think we'll be the best advertisers to your company, Mr. Shekhawat." I realised when Rudra nudged my arm from his side that I was caught up in a trance by that voice and was barely paying attention to whatever Mr. Saxena had said.

"Uhh...yeah. I'll keep that in mind. Could you give me some time to think it over?" I said it as a question, but we both knew I wasn't really asking.

"Of course. But I just want to say I'm looking forward to this partnership." Yeah I get it, you're desperate.

"I'll let you know my decision by the end of the week." I stood up and raised my hand for him to shake.

He stood up a moment later, taking my hand in both his palms, giving it a firm shake before getting out of the room.

As the door opened, her voice magnified and her laughter reverberated through my body.

Nope. Definitely not hearing things.

Before I could know, I was stepping out from behind the table and striding towards the door.

"Bhai, wait. Mr. Saxena ka kya karna hai?" Rudra called from behind.

"I don't care Rudra. Marketing head tu hai. Take care of it."

With that, I stepped out of the room to see Avantika taking in the view around her and scribbling something in her notebook.

"Ah, aa gaye tum dono." My father's rich voice fell into my ears from behind, drawing the attention of everyone in the room to us.

He headed toward me with a.....cup of coffee in his hand? He doesn't drink coffee, he's a chai person through and through.

"Ladko aaj se is jagah ki redisigning Avantika sambhalegi." My father answered the unasked question in my mind just as Avantika made her way towards us.

"Noice." Rudra cheered beside me before high fiving her.

So we'll be...working together. Okay. Whatever.

"Chalo ab main chalta hu. Baki sab details tum dono discuss kar dena." He put a hand on my shoulder. "

"Aur ye lo beta aapki coffee." Papa handed her the cup in his hand earning a gasp from all the employees in here. I can't blame them though, one day here and she got the Vijay Shekhawat holding coffee for her. This girl's something else.

With that, my father went down the elevator leaving me and her alone.

Well, we weren't actually alone but it sure as hell felt like it; with the way she was slowly sipping her coffee and walking around the floor like she owned it, eyes practically shining with ideas, everything else just unfocused from my sight.

What the fuck Lakshya? Keep it together. You have important work to do. Yes, work.

"Chal bro tujhe building ki sair karata hu." Rudra wrapped his arm around her shoulders dragging her around the floor, introducing her to everyone.

And before I could blink, they were out of my sight.

What? They were here just a moment ago. Where did they go? Maybe I should go and find-

Nope. Work, Lakshya. Workworkworkwork.

Before I could get distracted again, I paced into my office, ignoring the people calling out to me.

________________________________

I was almost finished going over some documents when I heard the familiar sound of footsteps. My eyes involuntarily darted toward the door.

"So this is your fortress of solitude." She walked around my desk to my side, leaning on it so she was facing me, making me look up at her.

"Honestly, I didn't expect it to be so....normal."

"What, you expected there to be thrones involved or something?" I couldn't help the smirk forming on my face.

She shrugged as if it was something she was expecting. "I mean, aren't you technically royalty."

She pointed out, reminding me of the age old heritage that came with my name.

"Well, aren't you also? But I don't see you walking around wearing a tiara."

"Please, you know I'm not a tiara girl. Give me a crown and then we're talking."

"Yes, your highness." I dramatically stood up from my seat and bowed down to her, suppressing a smile.

She sat down on my now empty chair, propping her legs up on the desk in front of her.

"Good, now go get me some coffee, you peasant." She ordered between her laugh.

"You know, this is still my office. And I have a reputation to uphold, Avantika. You can't go around asking the CEO to fetch you coffee." I blabbered as I made my way to the coffee maker.

"You know, you're saying all this stuff, but all I'm hearing is, 'I'll go get your coffee, your highness'"

Rolling my eyes, I walked up to her with her coffee, finding her swinging on my chair.

She took the cup like a baby seeing candy for the first time. But as soon as she tasted it, her expression changed as if she'd tasted mud.

"Ugh. Decaf. Why do you hate me?"

"Yeah well, we both saw the gigantic cup of coffee you were roaming around with this morning. I'm not answering your brother if you died of caffeine overdose in here."

Her eyes were now narrowed down to slits. I was almost sure she was going to burn me to ashes with that look alone.

Suddenly, she turned her face the other side looking at the plane gray wall in front.

"You know, I wonder how unicorns and rainbows will go on these walls."

"You wouldn't." Now I was the one with daggers for eyes.

She again turned to me, the cockiest smile on her face. "I don't think you realise how much power I hold here, Shekhawat. I might just add in a few strawberries here and there with those rainbows."

I chuckled. Even though I played it as a joke, we both knew she might- scratch that -she will do it just to spite me.

Just as I was about to argue back, a head popped in from the door.

"Bhai, I'm taking off. Papa ne Avi ko ghar chorne ke liye kaha tha. Main le jaau ya aap?"

Scrunching my brows, I look at my watch only to realise it was way past office hours.

"Tu ja Rudra. He owes me coffee." Avi pointed her thumb at me.

With that, Rudra was gone leaving us to be probably the last people on this floor.

Okay. Whatever.

"Chale?" She asked, drawing my attention away from my thoughts.

"Coffee." She explained at my confused face.

I blinked my eyes in realisation, nodding before winding up the documents on my table.

I quickly went to the door as she stood up, holding it open for her before giving a bow when she approached.

"After you, your highness."

She patted my head before making her way out, me following behind her.

Coworkers huh? This is going to be....interesting.

________________________________