4. SIMBA

Avantika's POV

I was on my way to the Shekhawat mansion for lunch, peacefully driving, smiling, looking forward to meeting the family; until, of course I was reminded when the most terrible songs in the history of humankind started playing, that my dearest brother had decided to tag along.

Ugh! I'll need to deep clean my car speakers after this torture.

Ignoring Aksh who was now aggressively bobbing his head back and forth, I decided to free my ears from their misery and play T.S instead.

"No I don't wanna listen to her whining about random guys this whole ride." Saying that, Aksh tried to change the song but I slapped his hand, hard. Nobody skips Taylor Swift.

"Gadi ke bahar phek dungi tujhe agar tere bakwas gane lagae hai toh."

"Hey! Tere jaise nasamajh log mere lajawab taste ko nahi samajh sakte. Mere gaane hi chalenge. I'm older than you."

"By two minutes!"

"And don't you ever forget that." He said with a grin.

I didn't reply, and just stared at him with an annoyed face letting him know that I am really close to acting on my threat of throwing him out of the car.

Fortunately for him, he knew what was good for him and silently sat for the entire ride looking out the window pouting.

And although he was trying to be discreet, I swear I saw him vibing to the songs out of the corner of my eye.

Looks like someone just became a Swiftie.

__________________________________

Lakshya's POV

I was almost all done getting ready when my sister called out to me from downstairs.

"Bhai ab toh mehmaan bhi aa gaye kitni der lagaega?"

"Haa aaya meri maa."

I looked into the mirror for a final check.

I wore my watch and fixed my bracelet, deciding to stare at it for a moment

"Look what I got you Shekhawat. It has my initials on it. This way, you'll never forget my reign of terror." She laughed as she fixed the metal bracelet around my wrist.

I got pulled out of my thoughts when a certain furball decided to wrap itself around my leg.

"Don't look at me like that." I said to the smug black kitty who was now staring into my soul like he knew something I didn't.

Finally giving up, I rolled my eyes and took Simba in my arms, making my way downstairs.

I took the view in. Maa and papa were both in the kitchen cooking. Aksh, Rudra, Aakriti and Avantika were all on the dining table engaged in some conversation that was boring the hell out of the girls. Avantika looked seriously close to stabbing her brother with a fork if he didn't shut up soon. What was he doing here anyway? I bet he blackmailed his sister into coming.