Merry Chrysler

When Stiles woke the next morning, he felt better for having spent time with his dad. It was always good for him to just unwind and take a break, let everything be normal for a while, and watch shitty TV with his cop dad. But, all good things must come to an end and it was another normal day, with university work to be completed and chores to be done. And he needed to call Scott, he couldn't forget.

..

It was four days later when Stiles finally remembered to call his friend about their holiday plans. He hadn't been procrastinating, honestly he hadn't, he'd just gotten so incredibly distracted. Theo and Jackson came over one afternoon and had just ended up never leaving. They'd fallen asleep together in the living room, Theo shifted to keep them both warm, and he'd woken up feeling good.. And still forgetting about his call to Scott.

Finally, it was the weekend. He needed to call Scott. He hit dial and he could hear that the phone was ringing. He really hoped Scott would pick up because he didn't want to have to call again later, and risk forgetting again. He'd been about to lose hope and call Peter to say he was coming to the library, when the call finally connected and Scott said, "Hey man, what's up?"
"I meant to call you days ago and kept forgetting." Stiles admitted, making the both of them laugh. It was hardly out of character for Stiles to do it.

"Good to know nothing has changed. What did you need?" Of course, Scott had already asked that, but Stiles had neglected to answer. TIme to get on topic.

"What are the holiday plans for the pack? I want to make sure everyone is involved this year. The way packs are meant to be." Stiles explained, pushing a hand into his pocket as he absently paced around his room, because he can't sit or stand still when he's on the phone.

"I dunno. I know me and Kira are coming back to Beacon Hills, but I kinda figured we'd just work it out later. It's not even winter yet." Stiles could practically hear Scott's shrug.

"I just want to have it planned. Plus, it would give us time to bully Cora into coming home for Christmas." He knew it would mean a lot to Derek for Cora to come home for the holidays, and the longer Stiles had to convince her, the higher his chances were.

"I mean, we could do a big pack event. Think the loft could hold everyone? Think Derek would want to host?" Scott offered, and Stiles could hear him typing in the background which meant that he was on speaker.

"That could work, Jackson's place is bigger than Derek's if he says no, but I think the loft is better. More.. pack-y." There was a pause before they laughed again, though Scott understood and Stiles knew that. Most of their pack events were either at the loft, or Stiles' house, but that was far too small for a whole pack Christmas gathering. They'd need extra tables, nevermind chairs. Werewolves eat like nothing else.

They talked a little bit more, just catching up, and then when Scott got a call from Kira, they finally hung up. Stiles then set about getting in contact with their other friends who were out of town, particularly Cora, before then following up with Derek about using the loft. Every pack member he contacted asked why he was trying to organise Christmas so damn early. He could only sigh. It was only a few months, and nobody else seemed to see the value in deciding now what they needed to do - asking parents, organising, planning, taking time off work for adults who wanted to attend. It was important and took a lot of planning which meant it needed to start now.

A call from Peter caught him off guard.

"You're fussing." Peter said when Stiles accepted the call, and Stiles just sighed more dramatically, collapsing against the sofa. He'd moved downstairs at some point to grab a can of soda and a snack. It was hungry work trying to organise Christmas.