Happy Moving In

The New Year came and went with suspiciously few dramatics, and a lack of life threatening events. Stiles was glad for it, and used the time to focus on his university work. He was doing well, or at least he thought so, he'd gotten fairly good grades on anything that had been graded so far but a large portion of his grades relied on the exams he'd complete at the end of the year, and so he'd just need to be careful about making sure his notes were complete and thorough so he could study with more ease as the year drew to a close. For now, he was happy with where he was and that was what mattered.

Stiles spent the majority of January focusing on creating good habits with his studies and his bonds, because magic came second to everything else. The world, if it needed saving, could wait for a week or two while Stiles took a break. Though, it wasn't truly a break, as he did spend time practicing his magic.

As the weeks passed, he'd spent a few afternoons in a call with Hikari, listening to her advice that she based on her years of experience and observations from her travels. She was well travelled, and Stiles loved to listen to her regale her tales when he was particularly struggling with a spell. Some things came easier than others - fire magic was something he was quickly growing much better at, despite the reluctance of everyone who had ever known him, while healing took a lot of concentration (though, that too was slowly becoming easier).Peter also often kept Stiles company, a strong Supernatural that he could test his magic on without too much worry about causing harm. They also laughed, ate and talked about Peter's new beau. It was nice to have him back, a reliable friend that understood, an older person who had knowledge none of Stiles' younger friends could offer. Jackson and Theo would join them sometimes, and successfully distract Stiles from his magical studies so they could play video games or watch movies. The only thing missing was Scott, who'd had to go back to campus, though sometimes he'd join them online if they were playing games in the evening.

Finally, Hikari had her moving in date, and everything was organised. Stiles would be picking her up from the airport since he had the most free time with being in online courses, and he had his jeep which nobody needed. He made sure everyone knew and was ready to greet her if they could find the time - the good old McCall Pack welcome.

。⋆ .⋆。⋆˚🐺˚。⋆。˚💫˚。⋆. 。⋆

Stiles arrived at the airport early, Derek having recently worked on Roscoe to ensure she'd survive the journey with no casualties, and so he waited in the car park with no worries that she'd be able to find him. He'd described Roscoe to her, and so he was sure Hakari would be able to pick her out.

True to his theory, Hakari simply appeared and opened the door to the jeep, throwing some of her smaller bags onto the back seat and her larger suitcase into the trunk. She climbed into the passenger seat and hugged Stiles across the centre console."It's great to finally meet you in person!" Hakari said with a grin, laughing easily."It's good to meet you too. Let's get this drive started, it's a few hours back to Beacon Hills." Stiles replied, turning the key in the ignition and pulling out of the car park to begin their long journey.

Hakari chose the music, and Stiles let her (especially since she had good taste in music, in his humble opinion) and they swapped between idle chatting and comfortable silence. It was nice, like he'd known the Kitsune for far longer than he had. None of her things had arrived yet, Stiles knew that because the company transporting everything had his contact information just in case, and they hadn't called. When her things did arrive, Stiles would help her move in, along with the Hales since they both had more strength than anything else and they were around to help. It was a solid plan, even if Stiles wasn't looking forward to manual labour.