Chapter Fifteen

We finally round the top of the mountain and see the once dry and barren village now filled with life, green sprouts up everywhere, people rush about doing certain chores and jobs. As we walk into the village road we're greeted by the shaman, laughing with joy. Indiana, Shorty, Willie, and I all stop a few feet away from the shaman and bow to him as he bows to us and the cheering of hundreds of voices flies towards us from behind and we glance back, seeing the kids run up the road into the village. I look down at Shorty and pull him to the front of me and grab onto Willie pulling her close to my side, then suddenly Indy pulls me to his side, the other two following. The four of us smile in silence as the children run back to their families and at the same time, their families run to them.

The four of us let go of each other and Shorty runs of to play with the other children. Indy, Willie and I walk to the shaman to return their Sankara stone and the shaman begins to speak. "We knew you were coming back when life returned to our village." Willie and I watched from a few steps back as Indiana unwrapped the stone and handed it to the shaman. "Now, you can see the magic of the rock you bring back." Indy smiles and nods. "Yeah, I understand its power now." All the villagers  crowd around the shine to watch and the three of us walk away. 

"You could've kept it." Willie speaks up as she lays Indiana's white suit jacket on a short rock wall and I follow just a few steps behind Indy. "Ah what for they would of just put it in a museum, it'd be another rock collecting dust." We continue walking along the short wall. "But then it would've given you your fortune and glory." Finally the wall ends and we stop. "Anything can happen. It's a long way to Delhi." I hear the slight flirty tone pick up in Indiana's voice and my eyes widen and Willie scoffs.

"No thanks. No more adventures with you Dr. Jones." I frown as I continue to awkwardly watching the interaction when Indiana softly grabs her chin. "Oh Doll, after all the fun together." I decide its time to turn around and walk away when Willie starts to argue with Indiana, I stop to watch them just for a bit longer. "If you think I'm going to Delhi with you." She wipes of her chin as if it was dirty. "Or any place else after all the trouble you've gotten me into, think again buster." I sit back at laugh. "I'm going home to Missouri where they never feed you snakes before ripping your heart out and lowering you into hot pits!" 

Indiana turns and notices me laughing at their interaction and once I notice I've been caught he smirks and raises an eyebrow at me. "This is not my idea of swell times!" Indiana goes to turn back to Willie but she shoves past him and runs off. Finally I turn around and start to walk off and find Shorty when I hear a crack of Indy's whip and it wraps around my torso flipping me around to face him. Indiana begins to pull on his whip which pulls me closer to him and its my turn to raise my eyebrow at him as he tilts his hat up. "Were you just laughing at me Sweetheart?" I smile and shake my head. "Nope, I would never."

He pulls the whip a little tight and I let out a small yelp. "You know I never got you back for what happened at the altar." My eyes widen in shock. "Hey you were lowering me into a pit of lava! You deser-" He cuts me off with a kiss and if it was even possible my eyes widen more. He continues to kiss me and as my shock wears off I wrap my arms around his neck, closing my eyes and leaning into the kiss when were suddenly showered with water. We pull away from each other and look to the direction the water came from finding Shorty on the small elephant. The elephant's trunk aimed right at the two of us, Short laughs from atop the elephant. 

The slight shock of being drenched with water wears off as Indiana pulls me into his side and Shorty repeats how funny it was. We laugh together for a moment before Indy turns back to me and Short covers his eyes as we lean into another kiss as what seems like the whole village cheers and surrounds us two breaking us from our kiss again. I look to the many children with a smile on my face before looking back at Indiana staring at the side of his face before kissing him on the cheek and turning slightly backward and ruffling Shorty's hair.