Because Of You: The Big Day (Gender Neutral Reader X Wanda Maximoff)

(Gender Neutral Reader X Wanda Maximoff)
Be sure to read part one - No Powers. Post College AU
Summary: Years have passed since Wanda didn't reveal her feelings. What happens when you're about to get married?
Word Count: 3.5K

Wanda looks herself over in the mirror.

She smiles. She loves the dress you picked out. She loves the color and how it fits her body. She loves that you told her it took ages to find something so perfect.

Wanda runs her hands over it one more time. Here Wanda was. In her perfect dress because of you.

While you were in the room next door. In your perfect outfit. Because of someone else. For someone else.

Wanda's dress was maroon.

Your outfit was white.
It was your wedding day, after all.

On the outside, Wanda was happy for you. On the inside, she was...

Since that day in your suite, Wanda had many opportunities to confess her love to you, but she never could. It felt wrong to do something that could disrupt your happiness, not even when your happiness had breaks of sadness when you and Natasha would have your off moments.

But those moments would be over quicker than Wanda could... well, then Wanda could say she loved you- Loves you.

Regardless. Right there through it all. Through the years. Wanda stuck with you. And now here Wanda was... four years later. Knocking on your door again. This time, to the room where you were getting your hair and makeup done at the venue. "That better not be who I think it is!" A voice loudly exclaimed. A voice Wanda knew to be your fun Aunt Agatha.

"It's not!" Wanda called out through her bandaged-up heart.

The door opened seconds later to see Agatha happy to see Wanda. "Oh, Wanda dear! My my! Look how beautiful you look!" Wanda shyly smiles at the compliments as Agatha takes her hand. Pulling her in and closing the door behind her. Your mother and the rest of your family get up to greet Wanda as Agatha shows her off.

But Wanda only wants to see you.

"Wanda, that dress looks so stunning on you! Much better on you than that Bishop girl. I swear getting her to wear a dress was like pulling teeth." Wanda politely smiled and laughed, knowing Kate's hatred of dresses. "Yes! Well, thank you! Y/N made a terrific choice." Wanda smiled.

"On the dress or that Natasha!" Agatha grips Wanda's arm and laughs like a mad woman. The joke clearly being the funniest to herself, but it gets some good laughs from everyone but Wanda.

When the laughter dies down, Wanda looks around the room, but she doesn't see you. "Where's Y/N-" just as she's about to finish asking, that's when you come out of the attached room.

You hadn't heard Wanda enter, but when your Aunt Agatha was guffawing for some reason, you knew you had to check. And to start counting her drinks.

"What's so fun-"

All eyes turned off of Wanda and onto you. Everyone in the room had already seen your outfit but one person. But now their green eyes were on you.

Only you.

But just as Wanda was memorizing the details. You looked back at her in the maroon dress you fought tooth and nail on. It had to be that dress! No matter what Kate or anyone else said about it. You knew it was Wanda's favorite color. Along with the cut. How it fit. Hell, even the designer. It had to be... it was for Wanda.

You smiled at her. She smiled back.

Your smile was genuine.

Wanda's never reached her eyes.