You Left Us (Female Skrull Reader X Carol Danvers)

Pre-(A Good Version of) Secret Invasion (Female Skrull Reader X Carol Danvers)
Summary: What happens when Captain Marvel returns after all this time...
Word Count: 5.4K

It's just past sundown as black boots hit the ground with purpose.

A blonde woman in a white tank, black jeans, and a leather jacket moves through the small town until she reaches the street with the bar she's been looking for.

She pulls open the door and (Drumroll)...

Carol Danvers walks into a bar.

Jokes aside. You look up from your place behind said bar and watch the blonde scan her blue eyes across the other patrons until she lands on you. For a very brief moment, you feel small as her gaze lingers on you until she starts to come closer. "I need a name." The taller-than-you than you blonde says in a tone that drips with authority. You smile at her voice and decide that she can't be that bad.

Right?

"Ya know... Most people order first." You slide a drink menu in front of her that she doesn't even look at. "I'm looking for someone." She looks at you, and you can tell she's not messing around.

You sigh.

"Promise to order something if I help you?" You ask, making her smirk before nodding. "Okay, take a seat." You gesture to a bar stool that she slides into. "I'm looking for a woman." This makes you smile and laugh. "Aren't we all?" The blonde tilts her head. "I'm serious."

"Me too." You crack a smile and get nothing in return. You sigh again and lean down on the bar. "What does she look like?"

The blonde thinks before opening her mouth. "She's taller than me. Black hair. Blue eyes. Not like mine. She's... tough-minded. By the book. To a fault sometimes." The blonde chuckles a bit, surprising you.

You lean up and grab a rag as silence falls between you and the woman across the counter. "Know her?" She asks. You shake your head. "Sounds like a tough girlfriend, though." You slyly add. "Oh, she's not my girlfriend!" The blonde says matter-of-factly and a little too loud.

"Okay. Sure." Your voice goes a little high to let her know that you don't believe her. "What can I get you to drink?"

"So you don't know her?" You shake your head and lift up the drink menu. "No. I don't know your girlfriend. Order."

The blonde rolls her eyes at you. "Like I said, she's not my girlfriend."

"Okay..." You say before you open and close your mouth because what you want to say is, "okay so who is your girlfriend!" But that's too much, and she's not even looking at you now. Her blue eyes are darting across the drink menu.

"I'll take this one." She points to a cocktail of your own creation. "Coming right up." You smile and gently take the menu from her hand before getting to work. The blonde watches you intensely. But not long. She looks away when you look up at her after finding the correct bottle of mix.

"Can I get a name?" You ask as you start to shake the liquids around in a cup. "Yeah, her name is Mari-"

"No, no, no. Your name." The blonde closes her mouth. "I want your name." You smiled as the woman across from you was surprised by your interruption.

"It's Carol. Carol Danvers." She says.

You lay out a napkin and place a glass onto it before filling it with her blue cocktail. "It's Carol. Carol Danvers." You repeated as she watched your face concentrate on pouring the drink. "What about you?"