Chapter 30

30 : A Crimson Annihilation

I always thought I was different.

Even when unknowingly posing as a human, I never craved for relationships. During local and out of town trips for school activities, I had to get permission from Roesia and Baldric not because I wanted to spend time with my classmates, but because of the new places I would get to explore.

My distant behavior toward humans must be because I am an undead. We were wired to be bereft of feelings that could make us vulnerable, and forming an emotional connection with someone was regarded as a sign of weakness, especially for undead who were meant to lead their respective clans.

I thought I had already discarded my humanity upon awakening, but ironically, I developed a strong personal attachment to someone when I learned that I was a vampire.

Zaria was the anchor to my humane emotions because she reminded me of what I once was. She was the leash to the monstrosity that wanted to devour my entirety. The harsh waves of cruelty and fury swept me away after losing her, but I no longer cared.

I let the monstrosity consume my sanity.

A strong pressure emanated from me that made the waves much rougher. The ship rocked aggressively, but it did not affect my movement.

My eyes felt burning as crimson marks lined them. Ancient runes ran along my face down to my arms. Three crimson lines formed around my wrists. Gradient of dark red and black covered my hands.

My blood exploded around me as I screamed in rage, and I felt a surge of power within me.

"How in the world—"

"E-Elder Vize, w-what is that..."

"M-monster—!"

A portion of the blood surrounding me transformed into a crimson cape that looked like my ruska, but it was moving according to my wishes. It attached itself on me and acted like my shield. The remaining blood hovered around me like pellets, waiting for my command.

The stallions pranced restlessly as I walked toward the ship's bow, while the magi were anxiously looking at their leader.

"The Stryzyga clan has power over blood, and I had seen Zemus using it, but you...what exactly are you—"

The warlock paused for a second as a sphere of light appeared right beside him. A look of terror appeared on his face, as if the light had told him something bad.

"Impossible..."

Panic was visible on their faces. The warlock called Vize started spouting orders, and the magi obliged. They began chanting spells as they performed complex hand seals.

The sea had become illuminated once again, but with a flick of my fingers, blood erupted from their wrists as their hands got severed. The holy light they were casting underneath instantly disappeared, much to their horror.

Zaria lost her hands and arms after breaking the holy magic that they cast on me. It was only apt for them to experience the same thing.

I stared at the nearest magi, and he started screaming in terror. Dark liquid trickled from his eyes, nose, and mouth. Several patches of almost-purple discoloration appeared on his skin.

"H-help m-me..." he pleaded as he desperately reached for his comrades, but they could only look at him with horrified expressions on their faces.

"W-what did you—" Vise asked but the magus' body exploded before he could finish his question.