CHAPTER TWO

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER TWO
DYLAN MCKAY WANNABE !

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER TWODYLAN MCKAY WANNABE !

________________

________________

"LUKE, YOU DON'T have to keep thanking us for saying, like, three words to your nephew earlier." Maeve huffed out a casual chuckle as she poured Babette a cup of coffee, both her and Delaney momentarily glancing at Luke, who was wiping the table beside the one Maeve was currently serving. "It honestly required no effort, whatsoever."

"Which just happens to be perfect, considering our favourite types of activities require little to no strenuous work." Delaney swung around in her counter seat as she followed Maeve and Luke with her eyes and chimed in, sitting up briefly to do so. "And in all honesty, it was no problem at all."

"Thanks, doll, you saved my mornin'." Babette loudly cut in, flashing Maeve a grateful smile as she held the coffee cup up in appreciation, then patting Morey's arm beside her as Maeve poured her partner a cup of coffee too. "You saved Morey's too."

Morey gave a low hum of agreement. "Yes, definitely."

"I'm just saying, he'll take some time to get used to. Hell, I'm struggling with the kid, and it hasn't even been a whole day yet." Luke grumbled under his breath, quite disappointed that Jess' attitude contributed to his standoffish behaviour, and his nephew didn't live up to his expectations as a whole.

Maeve just shrugged, trying to muster up some optimism as she attempted to downplay the boy's rudeness, one hand going to rest on her hip. "How bad can he be?"

Luke just 'tsk-ed' in some form of nonverbal agreement, which was quite unenthusiastic, and continued wiping the table, jumping in fright as a loud, but familiar, voice suddenly caught his attention. "Hi."

"Oh, jeez!" Luke cursed his own actions as he spilt the contents in the previously half-full coffee cup that was on the table, which he was now cleaning.