CHAPTER FOURTEEN

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
RECITING 'EVANGELINE'

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER FOURTEENRECITING 'EVANGELINE'

________________

________________

MAEVE AND FLYNN happily walked side-by-side as they tried to find a spot to sit and have their lunch, their hands occasionally brushing against each other's as they did so.

Flynn had suggested the gazebo, although when the pair got there, it was already occupied by Luke and Lorelai—Maeve made a mental note to grill Luke for details about that later, as she had always been the number one advocate for the 'Luke and Lorelai' train.

Soon enough, every other potential location either of them could think of, that was remotely private, was taken.

All except one.

Maeve purposely didn't tell anyone, other than Delaney, about the lake, as she wanted it to belong just to her. As stubborn as she knew it sounded to others, it was her place of solace. Her place.

Not only was it a beautiful location to just sit, think at, and even deal with whatever type of emotion she was experiencing, but even taking photos of the shimmering water and the towering, swaying trees was always an incredible, highly personal experience.

While it was a public place, Maeve still classified it as hers, though as her and Flynn continued to walk around town, she began to realise that it had already been infiltrated by Jess during the day of the Bracebridge Dinner.

Someone she didn't care for too much. Technically, if she brought Flynn there, she wouldn't be tarnishing or tainting its image.

So, standing firm on her decision that, no matter what, the location would never be ruined for her, Maeve suggested the lake.

The two eventually ended up at the dock, sharing the food that Maeve prepared before finding themselves going for an impromptu swim. They didn't care that their clothes were now effectively soaked, it didn't stop them from living in the moment, and as they continued swimming, Maeve realised that they had quite a bit of chemistry.