CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
SO COMPETITIVE

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER TWENTY FIVESO COMPETITIVE

________________

________________

MAEVE AND DELANEY sent each other small waves from their respective positions sitting in the barn for the town meeting, the girls both grinning at each other as they slumped back in their seats soon after.

Marjorie, Maeve, Luke and Jess—in that order—, were sitting in the same row, and whenever Marjorie needed to whisper to Luke or vice versa, they'd lean back to talk to each other behind Maeve. Whenever Maeve and Jess needed to talk to each other, they'd lean forward.

It was foolproof, according to Marjorie, which, when she enthusiastically explained it, made the rest of the group smile. The woman was a ray of sunshine.

"I think Taylor might actually say something important now." Marjorie whispered to her granddaughter jokingly.

Maeve's eyebrows quirked upwards as she turned to face Marjorie. "Wanna make a bet?"

Marjorie just huffed out a little chuckle in amusement at the words.

"It seems like the right thing to do, Taylor." Patty's voice pulled their attention back towards the front.

"I concur," Taylor hummed enthusiastically, the man casting his eyes between each of Stars Hollow's uninterested, exhausted citizens. "When one gazes at Stars Hollow, one can easily overlook a vital component of its beauty, and that's the humble, yet spunky, twinkle light."

"Holy cow." Jess drew out in a disbelieving murmur from his seat beside his uncle.

Luke unenthusiastically raised his eyebrows at the words in agreement as he muttered back his own statement. "It doesn't get fruitier."

Jess' lips formed a straight line as he slowly nodded, the boy trying not to laugh.

"That's a lie, it definitely does." Maeve chimed in quietly from her seat beside Luke, earning herself amused reactions from the rest of the group, Marjorie rolling her lips inwards to prevent herself from laughing, Luke slightly tilting his head and pursing his lips in agreement, and a small smirk overtaking Jess' features when he unnoticeably leaned his head forward to watch the girl conceal her own smile as she kept her gaze locked on the front.