CHAPTER NINETEEN

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER NINETEEN
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER NINETEENWHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

________________

________________

MAEVE RAISED HER eyebrows as she finally concluded her rendition of the previous night to Delaney, the pair comfortably sitting at a small table in the moderately crowded diner. "Think Addams family."

Delaney widened her eyes. "Wow, that weird huh? And I'm assuming Luke doesn't know?"

"Are you kidding me?" Maeve let out a disbelieving scoff as she raised her eyebrows at Delaney. "If he found out that my dad was in town, he'd track him down and probably murder him on the spot. Margie and I swore to secrecy."

Delaney just nodded slowly in agreement. "Should've guessed."

"The funniest thing about it was that, after my dad left, I actually managed to make a mixtape for Mariano," Maeve then added after a moment, pulling out a mixtape from her pocket and placing it on the table. "I'll never say this to his face, but the distraction really helped."

"Did it, now?" Jess started as he appeared from the back room conveniently, the boy swiping the mixtape on his way to the counter.

"Why were you back there, Jess?" Luke furrowed his eyebrows suspiciously at the boy.

"Thought I forgot a book." Jess briefly stated, not looking at his uncle as he placed the mixtape beside Maeve's camera under the register. "I didn't."

"Hey, the next mixtape better not have any more Anthrax or Saint Vitus. By the way, Elastica is so unbearable, they actually make my ears bleed," Maeve called out to the boy, interjecting before Luke could begin to question why Jess would have possibly left a book in the back room. "At least put more Van Halen and Sex Pistols, them, I can handle."

Sensing the upcoming storm that was the teasing banter between the teenagers, Luke just shook his head and decided to walk up to his apartment to finish cleaning up the huge mess that Jess left earlier.