CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
TWILIGHT RENDEZVOUS

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER TWENTY TWOTWILIGHT RENDEZVOUS

________________

________________

INTERRUPTING MAEVE AND Flynn's conversation, Rory and Lorelai's voices cut through the crowded diner.

"Okay, well, I'm probably gonna have dinner with Dean, so..." Rory purposely let her voice trail off as her mother sent her a wide grin.

"Maeve, get back to work!" Luke commanded as he caught Maeve's attention from his position at the register.

"Okay, relax, old man." Maeve widened her eyes as she sent Flynn a small, regretful tight-lipped smile before standing up.

"Any day now, kid!" Luke called again.

"Would you just calm down?" Maeve widened her eyes at the man as she went towards the counter to grab two plates of food. "Don't have a heart attack."

"I'll have the house to myself tonight," Lorelai knowingly nodded as she was still caught up with Rory. "Life's funny, isn't it?"

"I simply cannot stop laughing," Rory sarcastically chirped as she stood up and approached the register, where Luke and Jess were residing. "I'll get the check."

"Thanks, hon," Lorelai stated as she then grinned at Maeve, who walked past her table. "Luke's hounding you today, huh, Maeve?"

"I'm used to it," Maeve just shrugged as she grabbed a spare rag and wiped down a free table, which Kirk was now speeding over to secure. "Kirk, you have approximately three seconds to back away and let me clean this table before I throw a mug at your head."

"But I'm hungry." Kirk complained as he tried to pull out one of the chairs, to which Maeve gently slapped his hand away from.