CHAPTER THREE

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER THREE
ALL-AMERICAN BITCH

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER THREEALL-AMERICAN BITCH

________________

________________

"COFFEE...COFFEE...COFFEE." Luke hurriedly poured Rory, Lorelai, and Delaney—the three sitting beside each other on the counter seats—cups of coffee, voice rushed as he continued. "What do you want? Eggs? Toast? Combo?"

Delaney shared an entertained glance with Rory as she started. "I think Luke's having a stroke."

"A big one." Rory simply nodded in agreement as she took a sip of her coffee.

"What's the rush there, Zippy?" Lorelai furrowed her eyebrows at the man in agreement with Delaney, her voice going up an octave at the end of her sentence for effect.

"We're super busy." Maeve chimed in and caught the group's attention from the end of the counter as she handed a customer their change from the register, flashing them a wide smile as she highlighted the diner's currently high clientele with an overly-peppy tone. "Thanks, come again real soon."

Delaney allowed her eyes to wander around the diner, nodding slowly as she took in the influx of customers either eating or waiting for their food at their tables.

Luke, disregarding Maeve's playful attitude, just nodded in agreement, explaining the situation to Lorelai, Rory, and Delaney as he exasperatedly raised his eyebrows. "We were supposed to have help," the man referred to Jess as he briefly glared at the stairs that led up to his apartment, "but we don't, so order right now, or I'm bringing all of you an egg-white omelet with a side of steamed spinach."

"Pancakes!"

"French toast!"

"Another serving of pancakes!"

"Thank you." Luke answered, and as if on cue, Jess jumped down from the stairs, waltzing through the curtain and into the diner nonchalantly, consequently catching the group's attention. "Jess, you were supposed to be down here- what the hell is that?"