CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
TOMATO, TOMAH-TO

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER TWENTY THREETOMATO, TOMAH-TO

________________

________________

MAEVE AND JESS were sitting opposite one another on the floor between two aisles, Jess' legs outstretched in front of him and Maeve's knees resting comfortably up at her chest.

The pair were currently eating from their respective small packets of potato chips that they swiped from a shelf about half an hour ago, and had now experienced a momentary lull in their conversation.

Maeve cleared her throat as she spoke up, breaking the comfortable silence as she caught Jess' attention. "So, now that we've exhausted all possible conversation topics within the categories of movies, books, and music-"

"I am not listening to Hole, by the way, no matter how many mixtapes you put them on." Jess critically cut her off mid-sentence with raised eyebrows, pointing at her as he popped another chip in his mouth.

"We can now move on to newer, and possibly more mature, topics." Sending Jess a pointed look as she finished her previous sentence, Maeve chose to disregard his words, internally planning on adding more Hole songs on the next mixtape she'd give to him, just to piss him off.

"Got any ideas, Lydia Deetz?" Jess inquired, eyebrows quirking upwards in anticipation of her answer.

"I was hoping you'd come up with something witty, Vincent Vega." Maeve quipped, observing how Jess' eyebrows slightly furrowed in thought.

A moment went by, and Jess finally thought of a conversation topic. "Why do you lean into the whole, 'picture perfect townie' thing?"

Maeve's eyebrows raised in unexpected surprise at the words. "That wasn't even kind of close to the 'witty' I was thinking, but I guess we're already fast-forwarding to the trauma, cool."