CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
DRUGS, BOOZE, AND PETTY CRIME

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER TWENTY ONEDRUGS, BOOZE, AND PETTY CRIME

________________

________________

MAEVE HAD WALKED straight through Rory's door as soon as the girl opened it approximately half an hour ago, Rory's minor exasperation with the fact that her 'alone night' was now way past ruined swiftly fading when the group—Maeve, Jess, and Paris—ended up sitting around her kitchen table, eating the food that Jess brought Rory.

"A tragic waste of paper." Paris confidently contended while she placed a fry in her mouth as Maeve nodded in affirmation while she took a sip of her coffee from the portable bottle that Jess brought her—Maeve specifically requested a bottle.

"I can't believe you just said that." Jess' eyebrows creased inwards as he glared at Paris with full disagreement, Rory sitting in the seat to one side of Jess, the other taken by Maeve.

"Well, it's true, the Beats' writing was completely self-indulgent," Paris argued, Maeve nodding approvingly again. "I have one word for Jack Kerouac—edit."

"Of course you'd disagree, Mariano." Maeve scoffed out a sarcastic quip as she took another sip of coffee, eyes flickering between Paris and Jess eating their food and debating.

She finally met Rory's eyes, and the girls both widened their eyes as they shared an exasperated look at the sheer, excruciating length of Jess and Paris' squabble. It had been going on for way too long, and the duo had seemed to oppose on everything.

"It was not self-indulgent," Jess defensively huffed, Rory smiling at him as she watched his passion for literature grow with every word. "And you don't get a say in this, Davis, you disagree with everything I say. The Beats believed in shocking people, stirring things up."

"Just like someone else we know." Maeve slightly tilted her head towards Jess as she earned herself an entertained smirk from Paris.