eleven.

11

THE ISLAND

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The rest of the morning was peaceful. Caspian, once had had sobered up, took over for Kathryn so she could chart the rest of that day's journey. He had even moved her table so that it was in the shade, something that didn't go unnoticed by Carver. The rest of the crew had a slow start after the chaos and celebrations of the day before, making for a quiet morning. That was until Eustace came stumbling out of the kitchens with a kitchen knife, Reepicheep trailing behind.

From the helm, Caspian and Kathryn could vaguely make out the words 'treason' and 'thief' but not much else.

"That was for stealing!" Reep slashed his sword at Eustace, ripping his shirt. "That was for lying!" He prodded Eustace, revealing an orange that had been hidden in his, now ripped, shirt. "And that was for good measure!" He finally hit Eustace in the face with the orange, a few chuckled following from the crew.

Eustace snapped, lunging for the mouse with the knife. But Reep was faster, he would always be faster. 

"We have ourselves a duel!" Reep tossed the orange to Drinian before returning to the human in front of him.

Reep and Eustace duelled. Well, Reep duelled and Eustace was left to back himself up around the ship, trying to avoid getting hurt. He had attempted a few moves, but, underneath the anger from the mouse, he was still using their duel to teach the human how to wield a blade; throwing pointers as they fought and never going for the easy strike. 

The duel ended with Reep pushing Eustace forward, knocking a barrel over. But that was not all, there was a squeal. A rather feminine squeal. Kathryn furrowed her brow and got closer, leaving Caspian at the helm. 

"Gael? What are you doing here?" one of the latest additions to the crew, from Narrowhaven, asked. His name was Rhince. There, in front of him, was a girl. No younger than twelve and dressed in a lilac dress.

Drinian stepped forward, causing the girl to retreat behind her father in fear. 

"Looks like we have an extra crew member," he offered the girl the orange. 

"Welcome aboard," Lucy offered her hand to the girl, Gael bowed to the Queen. "I'm sure Kathryn wouldn't mind another bunk mate, do you Kathryn?"

Kathryn smiled down at the girl. "I'm sure I can find a spare hammock around here somewhere to add to the room. You and Lucy can share the bed."

Lucy smiled, taking the girl to her new room. However, Kathryn followed Eustace. 

"I know, I know! I shouldn't have taken more than my rations, I was just hungry," he sat down at the end of the Dawn Treader, his head leaning on the railing. 

Kathryn sat down next to him, her elbows resting on her knees.

"That's the first step." He looked at her confused. "The first step is admitting when you were wrong. The second step is apologising, I suggest you apologise to the cook. And the third step is typically punishment. However, you're still a kid, Eustace. Kids make mistakes and kids get hungry." She pulled her orange that she had saved from breakfast and passed it to him. "Next time, just ask. But, in terms of punishment, I think that a few duelling lessons from Reep would suffice."

"I'll make a swordsman of you yet," the mouse appeared behind them, sheeting his tiny sword.

"Thank you," he looked to Kathryn.