thirteen.

13

THE MAP OF VERENA

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Kathryn's mind was racing. If she had access to that map... countless lives would have been saved. She could have freed each and every slave and brought each trader to the dungeons that they belonged in. Caspian could definitely read her thoughts, nudging her lightly with his shoulder to bring her back to the present.

"There is the source of your troubles," the map was suddenly moving across the seas as Coriakin spoke, stopping once it reached a dark island. The island was pulsating with energy; the evil kind. And somehow, somehow she could feel it in her chest. "Dark Island. A place where evil lurks. It can take any form. It can make your darkest dreams come true. It seeks to corrupt all goodness, to steal the light from this world."

"How do we stop it?" Lucy asked, gulping.

"You must break it's spell. That sword you carry," he pointed to the sword at Edmund's waist, the one given to him by one of the seven Lords of Telmare. "There are six others."

Seven brother swords.

"You've seen them?" Caspian asked.

"Yes."

"The six lords, they passed through here?" 

"Indeed."

"Where were they headed?"

"Where I sent them." The map began moving once more. This time, it stopped on another island. Only this island wasn't plagued with evil.  "To break the spell, you must follow the Blue Star to Ramandu's island. There the seven swords must be laid at Aslan's Table. Only then could their true magical power be released. But beware. You are all about to be tested. Until you lay down that seventh sword, evil has the upper hand. It will do everything in its power to tempt you. Be strong. Don't fall to temptation. To defeat the darkness out there, you must defeat the darkness inside yourself."

Coriakin opened his hand, the map bundling itself back up by itself, and returned it to the depths of his cloak. 

"So, we find the rest of the swords and return them to Aslan's Table. We find the table by following the Blue Star?" Carver asked for clarification. "But the longer we wait, the more evil there is that will tempt us."

They all took the silence as a yes. 

"I propose that we should get moving then," Carver clapped his hands, making his way to the door.

Edmund and Lucy slowly started to follow him, their eyes lingering on Coriakin who bowed his head to him. 

"Have safe travels, my Kings and Queens."

Caspian shook the mans hand and followed the others out the door. Kathryn, on the other hand, couldn't tear her eyes away from the constellations above. 

"You aren't named after the star, are you?" she asked him, her eyes jumping from constellation to constellation. Coriakin wasn't named after the star, he was the star.

"I am not," he swiftly appeared at her side, she hadn't even heard his steps.

"That map of yours, The Map of Verena," her voice shook, "You could do a lot of good with that map. You could save hundred if not thousands."

"It has."

She did not know what he meant.

"There is a reason that you feel the way you do when you are at see. You read the stars?" he waited for her nod. "Who do you think guides them?"